Chief Executive & Registrar
|Client||COUNCIL FOR MEDICAL SCHEMES|
|Location||Centurion, Gauteng, South Africa|
The Council for Medical Schemes is looking for a dynamic person with extensive experience in the healthcare industry to serve as Chief Executive and Registrar.
Reporting to Council, the successful candidate will be responsible for the overall strategic direction and leadership of the Council. As the Accounting Officer of the Council, the successful candidate will also have ultimate responsibility for financial management of Council and compliance with the Public Finance Management Act (PFMA).
|Job Functions||Advisory,Analytics,Business Development,Client Services,Communications,Compliance & Regulatory Affairs,Executive Management,Finance,Human Resources,Management,Medical,Strategic Communication,Strategy|
Key performance areas:
• Strategic Leadership – Supported by a strong operational and management team, you will be required to provide appropriate guidance in the form of the development and submission of strategic plans, to ensure that the Medical Schemes Act is implemented successfully, and that all reasonable action is taken to maintain/improve compliance with the Act.
• Relationship Management – To manage Council’s interface and interaction with stakeholders (including the National Department of Health and other regulatory entities) in the medical schemes environment in a manner that advances the standing and functioning of the Council.
• Support, information and advice to Council – To advise Council on the implementation of the Medical Schemes Act and provide an efficient and effective mechanism for keeping Council informed with the activities of the Office.
• Financial Management – To ensure that the Council complies with prevailing regulatory and administrative frameworks regarding the management and utilization of budgets and that all activity of a financial nature is conducted with probity and in line with the Public Finance Management Act (PFMA).
• People management and organizational development – To continually monitor the organisation and management of the Office so as to ensure that the organisation is able to achieve its objectives.
Qualifications and experience:
• Degree in Medicine or Economics or Master’s in Public Health or appropriate post graduate qualification.
• Minimum of five (5) years’ experience at executive management level.
• Strategic planning skills and experience in conducting organisational effectiveness and efficiency reviews.
• Proven skills and experience in leading and managing diverse teams.
• Analytical thinking and sound judgment.
• Good knowledge of the Council’s business.
• Excellent appreciation of South Africa’s health policy landscape.
• Good understanding of the South African health sector including health care financing issues.
• Thorough understanding of the PFMA and Supply Chain processes.
• Experience with performance planning and reporting.
|Job Closing Date||07/04/2017|