Legal Advisor - Adjudication,Enforcement and Litigation.
|Reference #||Leg 002|
|Location||Windhoek, Khomas, Namibia|
Reporting to the Head of Legal Advice, the positions’ primary responsibility is to manage the prosecution of regulatory offences, adjudicate over consumer complaints and licence disputes and oversee the litigation of matters involving the Authority.
Key Performance Areas:
• Assists with the prosecution of regulatory offences, enforcement and compliance with the provisions of the Communications Act, Regulations;
• Monitors and enforces compliance with license conditions, the Communications Act and ancillary
• Adjudicates upon and manage consumer complaints and licensee disputes;
• Initiates consumer protection initiatives and interventions;
• Monitors the regulatory landscape to identify consumer protection mechanisms and interventions;
• Provides Legal Representation for the Authority at hearings and reconsiderations and other forums;
• Co-ordinates all matters under litigation.
Qualifications, Skills & Requirements:
• Bachelor of Laws or equivalent qualification;
• 4 - 5 years’ experience as a Legal Practitioner or a Corporate/Regulatory Legal Advisor;
• Master of Laws (with specialisation in ICT Policy, Regulation and Management, Commercial Law or Dispute Resolution) would be an advantage;
• Admission in terms of Legal Practitioners Act of 1995 would be an advantage; and
• Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit proof of Namibian Police Clearance.
• Results driven;
• Innovative approach to legal and risk management;
• Able to work and make decisions under pressure;
• Solid interpersonal skills;
• Excellent Communicator (written and verbal/presentation skills);
• Resilient and influential; and
• Must be an effective leader, and team builder.
|Job Closing Date||02/06/2017|