|Client||Flexi Personnel Limited|
|Location||Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya|
Our client, offering services in asset management, corporate real estate, facilities management, property and project management, research, shopping centre management as well as valuations and advisory services is seeking to recruit a Mall Manager.
|Industries||Property & Real Estate|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assumes responsibility for the effective operations management of
the Centre and facilities.
a. Centre Management
• Keeps abreast of market activities in respect of tenant movement,
new developments, major vacancies and other Landlord’s strategies.
• Attends meetings / functions related to successful operation of
Centre i.e. KCSC, NEMA etc.
• Devises a five year maintenance plan including allowances for
provisions or depreciation where applicable (annually) for
submission to the Assistant General Manager / Director.
• Reviews the building status/grade annually and maintain the
standards within those grade.
• Provides accurate information to client according to agreed format
• Analyses monthly income /expense and monitors turnover rentals.
• Analyses operating costs on a quarterly basis in terms of the
b. Planning and Budgeting
• Prepares and completes budgets by January each year.
• Reviews rental quarterly and ensure best possible rate achieved and
• Assists in formulation of business plans for the unit.
• 5 Year budget - preparation and control, quarterly review and
c. Quarterly Expenditure / Analysis
• Sets and motivates Capex /TI philosophy per building in
consultation with Client.
• Approves TI standard specification as recommended by the Project
• Approves Capex within authority limits and ensures we conform to
Capex philosophy and procedures.
• Estimates new operating costs, ensures recovery of operational
costs in accordance with Lease terms.
d. Debtors and Creditors Management
• Undertakes monthly interaction meetings with Debtors, Debtors
Manager and Leasing to ensure appropriate action taken and
approve legal action.
• Credit Control. Responsible for Management; Arrears, Legal action,
e. Parking Management - In conjunction with the responsible person
for parking, maintains accurate control of “in house” operated
f. Tenant Manager
• Deals with correspondence / interaction with tenants as required.
• Ensures that leases are timeously renewed and all vacant space is
let and in a presentable state.
g. New Tenants and Existing Tenants
• Determines and recommends letting mandates (i.e. rental levels,
installation cost etc.).
• Undertake lease negotiation and maintenance of tenant
• Controls / oversees new installations (through technical manager
where appropriate) including; Premises design,
Negation/liaison/control with/of professionals and contractors, Sign
off acceptance of complete premise.
• Renews Lease Agreements both direct and through Building
Management where applicable.
• Tenant liaison and public relations.
• Controls/arranges Centre promotions through merchant’s
association/s or promotion committee/s.
• Regular assesses tenants’ turnover, stock turn and merchandising to
establish both growth needs and/or trading difficulties.
h. Expense Control
• Checks and authorizes payment of accounts.
• Authorizes cleaning, consumables, electrical and general
• Controls municipal payments and recoveries there against.
• Ensures cost effectiveness and performance of contractors.
i. Financial Management
• Monthly financial statements, management reports and accurate
budgeting and reporting.
• Calculates operating costs for charge-out to tenants.
• Tenant mix i.e. what business should be established /
• Networking with tenants, public, external organizations.
j. Expense control
• Checks and approves payment of accounts.
• Controls cleaning, consumables, electrical and general maintenance.
• Controls municipal payments and recoveries there against.
• Ensures effective performance of Contractors.
k. Existing Tenants and Customer liaison
• Renews lease agreements in line with pre-determined letting
• Plans, coordinates and controls Centre promotions.
• Lease negotiation of new tenants and maintaining of the tenant
• Establishes and maintains sound public relations.
2. Assumes responsibility for the effective repairs and maintenance of
• Controls/schedules/implements regular preventative maintenance
program in line with budget constraints.
• Attends site meetings with contractors in respect of
maintenance/expansion of projects.
• Inspection / enforcement of tenant responsibilities during and on
termination of lease terms.
• Liaises with appropriate Government, Provincial and/or local
• General Maintenance of Buildings and premises.
• All electrical, electronic, mechanical and air conditioning equipment.
• Complies with the O H S act and all other statutory requirements.
3. Assumes responsibility for the security of all the Centre facilities.
Conducts scheduled inspections of security systems and implements
improvements as necessary.
• Occupational health and safety
• The training of Maintenance and Security personnel in Occupation
and Health Safety.
4. Assumes responsibility for the effective management reporting and
• Oversees preparation of monthly, annual, and other management
• Assesses and reports on monthly performance against budgets.
• Prepares and motivates consolidated monthly reports for submission
• Assess and report on monthly performance against budget.
5. Assumes responsibility for ensuring professional business relations
with tenants, suppliers, contractors, and trade professionals.
• Works to develop and maintain productive business relations with
vendors, suppliers, contractors, etc.
• Acts as a liaison between the Company and external contacts.
• Ensures effective coordination of external services with Company
• Obtains and conveys information as appropriate.
• Promotes goodwill and a positive image of the Company.
6. Effectively supervises Centre personnel, ensuring optimal
• Provides leadership to assigned personnel through effective
objective setting, delegation, and communication. Conducts regular
meetings to ensure that personnel are well informed of changes in
policies and procedures. Discusses areas needing improvement.
• Assigns and coordinates personnel. Directs daily operations.
• Identifies, develops, and implements training programs as
• Conducts performance appraisals. Provides measurable feedback to
assigned personnel and suggestions for improved performance.
Formulates and implements employee corrective actions as needed.
• Ensures that staffing levels are appropriate. Interviews, hires, and
assigns personnel as necessary.
7. Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
• Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
• Completes special projects as assigned.
• Reports on Operational expenses, foot traffic, and security incidents etc.
Qualifications and Experience
• A Degree in Management/Business/ Economics or related field.
• Five or more years of related experience, with at least two or more
years of Supervisory experience.
• Excellent understanding of Centre management procedures.
• Knowledge of budgeting, service contracts, and leasing agreements.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.
|Job Closing Date||18/06/2017|