|Company||Clinix Health Agency|
|Location||Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa|
To promote and restore patient’s health by completing the nursing process, collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary
team members, provide physical and psychological support to patients, friends and family, supervising
assigned team members. Neonatal nurses care for newborn babies who are born premature or sick. A newborn baby
can suffer from a range conditions requiring treatment
Registered Nurse (Community Health) - 222104
• Conduct structured ward rounds and act on findings
• Accompany doctors during rounds, implement their
• Accurate and chronological record keeping on patient’s
condition and progress
• Update of care plans as patient’s needs change.
• Timeous, accurate recording of incidents and complaints.
• Communication with the unit manager on any matter affecting
patient care, security, doctor, staff relationship and stock
• Function within standards and unit specific protocols and
• Monitoring and adhering to group nursing policies
• Compliance with governing bodies e.g. department of health,
South African Nursing Council, Basic Conditions of
Employment Act and Labour Relation Act.
• Ensure that all units related activities are carried out within the
framework of ethical and legal standards.
• Monitor activities of nursing personnel to ensure compliance to
the South African Nursing Council’s Acts and omissions
• Monitor and review patient documentation and maintain
stationery master file.
• Monthly audits on nursing and patient related documentation in
accordance with professional and ethical standards
• Management of the entire ward
• Duty rosters to ensure skill mix requirement is accurate
• To assume unit manager role when unit manager is absent.
• Reporting and managing of all incidents.
• Reduction of health care associated infections in the ward.
• Active participation during resuscitation in the ward.
• Reduce nursing related medication errors in the ward.
• Monitor disaster and contingency plans in the ward
• preparing and checking medications
• managing a baby’s fluids
• recording observations and documenting a baby’s care
• initiating appropriate basic resuscitation in an emergency
|Job Closing Date||31/12/2017|