|Company||Clinix Health Group|
|Reference #||RN Theatre|
|Location||Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa|
To promote and restore patient’s health by completing the nursing process, collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary
team members, provide physical and psychological support to patients, friends and family, supervising
assigned team members. Provides high standards of skilled care and support during each phase of a patient’s theatre
Process: • Ensuring all patients clinical care, risk assessments for theatre
preparation is implemented and recorded.
• Ensuring all theatre preparation pre and post, done timeously.
• Timeous, accurate recording of incidents and complaints.
• Communication with the unit manager on any operational
matters affecting, patients, staff, doctors etc.
• Function within standards and unit specific protocols and
• Monitoring and adhering to group policies and procedures.
• Compliance with governing bodies e.g. department of health,
South African Nursing Council, Basic Conditions of
Employment Act and Labour Relation Act.
• Ensure that all units related activities are carried out within the
framework of ethical and legal standards.
• Assist with daily Cost Control and lean management
efficiencies i.e. Acuities/Staffing, All Stock (consumables and
non- consumables, Ethical) Equipment etc.
• Comply with infection control standards and procedures.
• Actively participate in auditing processes internal and external
to ensure compliance with DOH, National Core Standards, and
SHERQ (Safety, Health , Enviroment, Risk and Quality).
• Comply with daily delegated functions allocated by the unit
manager or shift leader
Grade 12 or equivalent level of education essential
Registered Nurse Degree/ Diploma
1 to 3 years’ as a Registered Nurse
Experience in private hospital environment advantageous
3 years minimum experienced in general theatre skills
Theatre technique post basic qualification advantageous
Computer proficiency – SAP system or similar
|Job Closing Date||31/12/2017|