|Company||Human Capital Synergies Africa Limited|
|Location||Mombasa, Coast, Kenya|
Our Client in the Hospitality Industry seeks to recruit an Executive Housekeeper who will set, achieve and maintain high standards of cleanliness throughout the resort and ensure smooth running of the day to day operations in the Housekeeping Department, in line with the standards and policies while ensuring an efficient control of costs within the operation.
He/she will also be required to create an environment where training and motivation of staff is maintained.
1. To maintain high standards of cleanliness in all designated areas.
2. To ensure that all the rooms and public areas are checked on daily basis and carry out spot checks for VIP rooms.
3. To ensure all equipment, furnishing and fittings are well maintained and in working order.
4. To implement planned maintenance in all rooms and public areas.
5. To control all cleaning materials, guest supplies, linen and laundry in the hotel.
6. To ensure sufficient rostering of all staff in accordance with forecasted business, whilst maintaining the agreed budget.
7. Inspire a high standard of discipline and morals within the departments
8. Ensure that all staff in the department have job descriptions, effective muster rolls, duty rotas, leave rotas and ensure that overtime is discouraged through effective work planning.
9. To ensure that the staff is fully aware of master keys, guest belongings, lost and found property and all the security procedures.
10. To ensure a high standard of personal hygiene of the departmental staff and correct dress code for the staff in the department at all times.
11. Responsible for ensuring that Housekeeping costs are maintained at acceptable standards as stipulated in the budget.
12. Control budget amounts for special cleaning, repairs, floral and other decorations.
13. Ensure laundry revenue budgets are maximized through upselling and promotions.
14. Aids in the identification and implementation of staff training schemes to ensure
the company’s operating standards are achieved
15. Should be prepared to complete staff appraisals at regular intervals
16. Should be responsible for interviewing of personnel for his area of responsibility together with the Human resources Manager
17. Recommend staff for promotions
18. To take an active role in the welfare and development of the staff thereby enhancing in motivating staff in housekeeping department.
19. Identify trends and insights, and optimize digital spend and positioning based on the trends and insights.
20. Effectively using digital analytics to evaluate and improve the online end-to-end experience of our Customer across multiple channels and Customer touch points.
21. Evaluate emerging technologies and make recommendations on adoption where relevant.
D. Health and Safety
22. To be fully conversant with the use of chemicals, electricity and any other equipment that they have to use in the course of their duty.
23. The need for personal hygiene i.e. uniform, hair, teeth, footwear
24. To be conversant with fire procedures as well as first aid procedures.
1. Minimum 10 years’ experience with at least 3 years in a similar position.
2. Strong operational and technical knowledge.
3. Experience in supervising and managing a diverse and team.
4. Experience in training, developing, supervising and appraising teams.
1. Minimum Degree in Hotel Management.
2. Diploma in Housekeeping and Laundry Operations will be an advantage.
|Job Closing Date||31/12/2017|