UNIT MANAGER: THEATRE
|Company||CLINIX BOTSHELONG-EMPILWENI PRIVATE HOSPITAL|
|Location||Vosloorus, Gauteng, South Africa|
Clinix Health Group believes in ensuring quality patient care, friendly service and community upliftment by establishing good relationships with healthcare professionals and government to satisfy patient needs. We believe in attracting the best professionals and providing a high standard of health care products and services. We encourage a high performance culture among our staff and we are committed to being regularly involved with the communities in which we operate in.
To take responsibility for efficiently leading all activities within the Theatre Unit/Complex, providing leadership and direction to all staff, and promoting quality patient care and patient experience through operational excellence whilst maintaining the highest standards of professionalism and respect. In addition, to ensure cost effective service delivery within legal parameters, policies and procedures.
Organizing, Planning, Leading, Directing, Controlling:
• Perform all duties in accordance with the South African Nursing Council (SANC), Department of Health (DOH) and National Core Standards.
• Adhere to the principles and standards of Patient Advocacy according to SANC Acts and Omissions, Company Code of Conduct, Patient Rights and Responsibility Charter, National Millennium Development goals and responsibility of Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
• Devise a working knowledge of, and understanding the Nursing strategy in order to drive the strategic agenda and align staff outputs accordingly.
• Engage with relevant stakeholders to ensure operational efficiencies are coordinated to improve overall effectiveness of unit activities.
Quality, Risk, Emergency Preparedness:
• Promote effective and quality patient care through the application of relevant policies and procedures and efficient management of day to day Unit activities.
• Ensure that perioperative records and theatre register is accurate and complete.
• Supervise and ensure that principles of aseptic technique are adhered to in order to prevent cross infection.
• Ensure that the appropriate protective gear/apparel is worn within the Unit i.e. gloves, masks, overshoes, caps, gowns).
• Conduct environmental and patient safety checks within the Unit taking prompt action when required, to meet set clinical quality standards per agreed policies and procedures.
• Address audit shortfalls and rectify findings to ensure clinical compliance to standards and improve audit outcomes.
• Ensure that correct procedures are followed and evidence is collated for all theatre incidents (including deaths) and ensure that steps are followed in maintaining detailed records and reports.
• Organize and monitor stock levels to maximize efficiency, ensuring an effective stock management system is implemented in Units.
• Inform, educate staff and track improvements to stock control processes put in place.
• Ensure that clinical equipment is managed appropriately by staff and that care is taken in terms of prevention of damage to equipment.
• Manage the laundry requirements and availability of linen and theatre clothing items in the Unit according to patient requirements and occupancies.
• Promote inter-departmental communication, best practice and learnings.
Patient Advocacy, Customer/Doctor Relationships;
• Conduct Unit rounds to ensure compliance with protocols, security, safe patient environment, policies, procedures and the Group’s patient care standards.
• Participate in multi-disciplinary team meetings, review, discuss and co-ordinate best approach to overall patient care.
• Build mutually beneficial relationships with Doctors and other professionals in terms of meeting the needs of patients and enhancing patient care.
• Collaborate with Nursing Manager in identifying and implementing actions to improve service quality and problem resolution within the unit.
• Develop positive relationships within a culture of professionalism and excellence.
• Manage cost centre and operational unit activities and processes including control of equipment, resources and stock, to required levels and according to prescribed guidelines in an effective and efficient manner
• Optimizing revenue by ensuring that all patients that are operated on are billed correctly, by auditing all charge sheets and following up on charging of consignment stock/prosthesis used on the patient. This includes releasing audited charge sheets timeously to the Billings Department.
• Monitor resource requirements and ensure staffing levels are within approved budget and according to patient acuity and occupancies.
• Apply appropriate financial controls within the Unit in order to justify costs and monitor budget accordingly.
•Conduct regular audits on patient files and records, ensuring that all relevant healthcare information is documented and completed according to required policy and guidelines and in place for accurate billing.
• Ensure that equipment is functioning and work with maintenance and service providers to ensure that clinical equipment is serviced and in good working order.
• Drive the reduction in wastage (resources, stock etc.) in terms of reducing unnecessary costs.
Staffing, HR Policy and Procedure:
• Support achievement of hospital strategy by aligning staff outputs to overall nursing strategy and unit outputs.
• Manage staff including agency staff and identify and implement quality improvement opportunities.
• Drive own professional development to maintain efficient levels of skill and knowledge.
• Recruit quality staff based on Unit activities and requirements.
• Contribute towards effective staff onboarding and staff retention through improvement opportunities.
• Drive staff utilization and productivity through the use of the Kronos system and the efficient management of resources.
• Review staff performance in line with the company Performance Management Policy.
• Serve as a role model and drive staff conduct that promotes the overall Group values and adherence to patient quality care and professionalism.
• Monitor staff conduct, behavior and absenteeism and take corrective action when necessary.
• Effectively resolve conflict in accordance with HR policies and procedures.
• Drive quality improvement culture within the unit.
• Coach and mentor staff in developing their competence in overall job function and reaching their potential.
• Support interns to achieve their required practical learning outcomes.
PRACTICE VALUES: Professionalism; Respect; Action; Care; Truthfulness; Innovation; Confidentiality; Every Day
•B.Cur/Diploma in General Nursing.
•Current registration as Registered Nurse with the South African Nursing Council.
•BLS qualification advantageous.
•Further Business Management qualification advantageous.
•Updated ACLS/PALS/ATLS advantageous.
•3+ years’ experience at a managerial/supervisory level.
•Experience within a private hospital environment advantageous.
|Job Closing Date||31/12/2017|