Specialist: Technical Support
|Location||Menlyn, Gauteng, South Africa|
Responsible for managing the IT infrastructure, this will include the entire desktop environment, software/applications and networks.
|Job Functions||Information Technology|
• Ensure that all the incidents / requests are responded to within required SLA
• Provide telephonic / remote support
• Ensure clients are kept up to date regarding their incidents and requests
• Troubleshoot networks, systems, and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational problems
• Maintain a high degree of first time resolution for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles as directed.
• Take ownership of end-user issues and problems and be pro-active when dealing with user issues and help them resolve any hardware or software problems.
• Ensure connectivity of IT systems and the internet.
• Support users remotely as well as onsite as directed.
• Support users in the use of computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice.
• Escalate more complex calls according to the escalation procedure keeping ownership for the duration of the problem.
• Pre-build and setup PCs/ notebooks and systems where required.
• Grade 12
• Minimum A+ N+ or similar preferable
• A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience as an IT Infrastructure support technician.
• Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) an advantage (even if currently busy with studies)
• CCNA (Certified Cisco Network Administrator)
• Drivers license and own vehicle
• Ability to troubleshoot and provide recommendations for resolving technical issues.
• Hands on’ approach and a willingness to learn is a must
• Commitment to future job relevant certifications essential
• Strong interpersonal skills - comfortable interfacing with all levels of company
• Excellent communication in English, both verbal and written
• Well presented
After Hours Availability
Work Overtime and Standby
|Job Closing Date||15/01/2018|