Specialist: Server Administration
|Location||Menlyn, Gauteng, South Africa|
Responsible for the design, provision, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure
|Job Functions||Information Technology|
• Install new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, storage.
• Design and support systems that provide easy and natural end-user access
• Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created
• Support production systems as required by optimizing performance, resolving production problems, and providing timely follow-up on reported problems
• Repair and recover from hardware, software or networking failures
• Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies
• Resolve customer issues including complex technical scenarios.
• Establish performance standards and proactively monitors performance
• Create and maintain system documentation
• Establish IT policies, standards, practices and security measures to ensure effective and consistent information processing operations and to safeguard information resources
• Work with existing systems to track and manage requests and issues
• Familiarity with Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Security, OS Internal concepts, IIS Administration experience.
• Experience with VMWare configuration and administration.
• Experience with Microsoft Management tools (SCOM, SCCM, SCSM, MS Orchestrator.
• Experience with Unified Messaging (MS Exchange 2016 and Lync/Skype for Business)
• Familiarity with networking tools (ping, tracert, tracemon, NetMon, wire shark, etc.).
• Familiarity with networking concepts including VIPs, NAT, DNS.
• Experience with scripting tools such as XML and PowerShell.
• Experience working with and maintaining MS SQL Server, including performance tuning.
• Server clustering experience.
• Experience with data reconciliation and migration between data environments (e.g. dev, test, staging, prod, etc).
• Experience with Virtualized storage including vendors like Dell, HP, Nimble and Microsoft. ISCSI and Fiber channel SAN - storage experience.
• MCSE Server Infrastructure.
• Grade 12
• National Diploma in Information Technology
• A+ and N+
• MCSE 2012
• Exchange 2013
• Sharepoint 2013
• CCNA (Certified Cisco Network Administrator)
• ITIL V3 Foundation
• 5 years’ experience as a network administrator
• 6 years’ experience in an IT environment
Knowledge and Skills
• Strong interpersonal skills - comfortable interfacing with all levels of company
• Excellent communication in English, both verbal and written
• Well presented
• Ability to prioritize and work under pressure
• Ability to work independently
• Positive attitude, portraying a professional image at all times
• Effective time management
• Ownership of tasks and using initiative
Other special requirements
• Drivers licence and own reliable transport essential
|Job Closing Date||19/01/2018|