|Company||EP Management & Consultancy Services|
|Location||Maputo, Maputo, Mozambique|
EP Management is looking for a candidate who:
To ensure safe and efficient terminal operations in compliance with the Terminal Operating Manual (TOM), and other relevant Company standards and legislation/regulation, especially:
• Receipt, storage and handling (S&H) of bulk petroleum products.
• Manage performance of staff and contactors towards being “ best in class” in the process of storing and handling bulk petroleum products.
• Drive HSSE commitment towards 100% compliance.
• Application of appropriate standards inclusive of control of works procedures
|Job Functions||Health & Safety,Logistics,Management,Mechanical Engineering,Operations,Supervisor,Technical|
|Industries||Chemical / Petrochemical|
• Supervise the Terminal operations.
• Supervise the Operations for receipt of vessels, elaborate the receiving plan and identify the receiving tanks based on the quantities to receive and the safe ullages available in the depot.
• Coordinate the verification of the clients supply requests and the clients loading requests with the Dispatchers
• Coordinate the loading operations and the use of the service tanks.
• Ensure the preparation of the depot operations and the registration of all the depot operations;
• Perform periodic inspections of the operations;
• Guarantee the execution of opening and closing procedures of the depot as well as the sealing and locking of the installations;
• Directs the operations team in the fields of Operations and Health, Safety, Environment and Security (HSSE) to ensure adherence to legislation and company policy/standards.
• Champions HSSE as a personal value to ensure HSSE is promoted in terms of both actions and decisions and to prevent accidents and harm to people or the environment
• Ensures that adequate security procedures are in place and adhered to safeguard assets and people in the interest of SAMCOL, its customers and other stakeholders; as well as an effective security system is in place to control entrance and egress to the terminal.
• Analyse trends and report HSE and Product Quality statistics for the Terminal and making recommendations based on trends analysis actions to the depot manager to mitigate the trend risk.
• Responsible for maintaining the depot fuels quality control system and for its implementation in all fuels receipt into the terminal tanks and in all loadings from the gantries and pipeline transfers.
• Ensures preventive plans and work permits are delivered for the performance of all works in the Terminals.
• Manage the operations such as to limit the product losses during receipt, storage and loading with object of keeping in-transit and storage loss/gain within tolerance. Ensure that eventual losses and gains are correctly registered and allocated.
• Ensures bulk fuel is dispatched (rail, road or pipeline) as per procedure and legislation and loading instructions.
• Supervises follow up of product quality of all bulk fuels during receipt, storage and loading of Bulk fuels.
• Monitor performance of yard staff and contractors by observing them in action against appropriate task procedures.
• Relate with Customs, CFM, CPMZ, Independent Surveyors and transporters for the operations in the Terminal
• Sets performance objectives to the teams, conducts regular reviews and implements measures to optimise performance.
• Builds a culture of operational excellence within the team by providing leadership, motivation, coaching and mentoring.
• Liaises closely and regularly with Terminal Managers, HSE Manager and maintenance team on the required standards of bulk vehicle and rail cars and operating terminal assets maintenance;
• Ensures that all bulk vehicles, rails wagons and pipeline are fit for purpose , meet the defined Safety standards and are in a good condition to be used safely & legally to carry fuels;
• Creates an enabling environment that promotes and recognises individual and team efforts and develops the skills and capabilities of the team. Ensures that all staff has clear accountabilities in respect to their roles and that all ops staff is competent enough for their roles.
• Accountable to ensure that Marine operating procedures are adhered as part of requirements of the Terminal Operating Manual.
• Ensure safe and efficient marine operations.
a. Educational background
Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent).
b. Experience (years and nature)
• 3 of Logistics operations experience preference
• 2 of which should have been spent at a management/supervisory level.
• Fluente Ler e escrever na Língua Portuguesa.
• Good knowledge of English language required
• Good knowledge of use of computer and analysis skills
• Good communicative skills
|Job Closing Date||11/02/2018|