POP-C Enrolled Research Nurse x7
|Company||Africa Health Research Institute|
|Location||Somkhele, KwaZulu Natal, South Africa|
The Africa Health Research Institute (AHRI) is one of South Africa’s largest independent, interdisciplinary research institutes. AHRI aims to become a source of fundamental discoveries into the susceptibility, transmission and cure of HIV and TB and related diseases, seeking ways to improve diagnosis, prevention and treatment. AHRI’s principal funders are Wellcome Trust and the Howard Hughes Medical Institute. Our academic partners are University College London and the University of KwaZulu-Natal.
|Industries||Academic,Healthcare,Medical,Ngo / Non-Profit,Research|
AHRI is looking for an Enrolled Research Nurse. The successful candidate will work within the framework of the POP- C study (Vukuzazi). The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for implementing the core POP- C protocol and its associated studies. The successful candidate will be expected to follow procedures according to study protocols and to provide high quality clinical care to participants and other clients as appropriate in support of the Department of Health. The position will be based at our Somkhele site.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THE JOB
1. Senior certificate (Grade 12).
2. Two year enrolled nursing certificate
3. Current registration with SANC
4. Valid driver’s License
5. Computer Literacy (MS Office – Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
6. Fluency in English and Zulu
1. A minimum of 2 years recognizable nursing experience after registration as an enrolled nurse with SANC, of which at least 1 year must be experience working in a field-based data collection.
2. Experience in HIV testing.
3. Familiarity with clinical research data collection.
|Job Closing Date||28/01/2018|