|Company||Africa Health Research Institute|
|Location||Mtubatuba, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa|
The Statistician II will be part of the Biostatistics department at AHRI, and will be responsible for the statistical analysis of data from research projects at AHRI. He/she will be expected to take on the role of study statistician on individual projects. The position will be primarily based at the Somkhele site, but the incumbent may be expected to make occasional visits to Durban to support the AHRI investigators based there.
|Job Functions||Academic,Clinical,Data Analysis,Graduate,Information Technology,Mathematics, Statistics and Information,Other Research Development, Science and Scientific Research,Research,Research and Development,Science,Statistics|
|Industries||Academic,Healthcare,Medical,Ngo / Non-Profit,Pharmaceutical / Medical / Healthcare / Hygiene,Research,Science & Technology|
The Statistician II will be part of the Biostatistics department at AHRI, and will be responsible for the statistical analysis of data from research projects at AHRI. He/she will be expected to take on the role of study statistician on individual projects.
• Master’s degree in Statistics
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the role of an applied medical statistician
• Minimum of 1 year of experience analysing health information from demographic surveillance systems and/or routine data collection systems
• Experience of advanced quantitative data analysis
• Experience of contributing to peer-reviewed publications
• Some experience with data management of longitudinal studies would be an advantage
• Computer skills
- Statistical software packages (e.g. R, Stata or SAS)
- MS Office software packages
- Working knowledge of electronic data capture (EDC) package/s
(e.g. REDCap, ODK, OpenClinica) with understanding of relational databases
• Understanding of epidemiology
• Underpinning knowledge of cohort studies and a range of advanced statistical techniques
Please note that only those candidates who meet the minimum requirements will be considered. AHRI is fully compliant with South African labour law and is committed to employment equity. This position is open to South African applicants and valid work visa holders.
AHRI reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, AHRI reserves the right not to make an appointment. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date.
|Job Closing Date||31/12/2018|