|Company||Human Capital Synergies Africa Limited|
|Location||Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya|
Our Client, a market leader in the provision of integrated Financial services seeks to recruit a Business and Products Officer(BPO).
The New Business and Products Officer(PO) will be responsible for driving product growth in the Client's chosen customer segments by innovating and designing newproducts, as well as enhancing existing ones.He / she is a very critical thinker and a problem solver.
Reports to : Head of Research and Innovation
|Job Functions||Information Technology|
1. Work in a cross functional team and guide / manage all aspects of innovation and new product development processes.
2. Deliver on exceptional quality, on-time and to budget,which exceeds the expectation of the customer and shareholder
3. Work with the Head of Engineering to align on workable technology, Head of Business Development to develop and implement plans in line with the strategic direction and operationalization of the business as guided byHead of Operations.
4. In conjunction with Business Development, originate new products to meet the customer’s needs in their business model.
5. Guide the technical writers and engineering department on new product documentation.
6. Guide on design thinking exercises to get the best, most competitive and innovative products in the market.
7. Select correct design concepts and fundamental technology for new products or improvement for existing ones
8. Oversee key processes and performance reports, data and analysis
9. Develop and implement methods and procedures for monitoring projectssuch as preparation of records of expenditures, research findings, progress reports, staff conferences, etc in order to inform management of current status of each research project.
10. Negotiates contracts with consulting firms to perform research or other applicable studies or support where applicable.
11. Plan and formulate aspects of design and development proposals such as objectiveor purpose of project or products, applications that can be utilized from findings, costs of project, and equipment and human resource requirements
12. Develop detailed design requirements by obtaining voice of the customer and interpreting into voice of the designers and developers.
13. Lead benchmarking and reverse engineering efforts to assess competitive technologies.
14. Plan, manage and report status of projects to the HoD and the broader organization at large and management •
15. Identify product costs and manage projects accordingly using a multi stage tollgate development process.
16. Own, deploy and continuously improve the new product development gate process or phases as appropriate.
17. Maintain dynamic product development roadmaps in support of strategic initiatives and the organisation strategy as a whole including development of outside technology partners as appropriate to achieve the company goals.
Experience of over 5-10 years in a high-ranking product management positionin a complex business setting involving innovations and new products in financial services. Should have diverse experience in the fields of product design, management, and communications. The PO must have experience resolving daily internal and external problems and challenges in product managementthat affect a product’s financial and market success.
Communication: Should possess great verbal and written communication skills. Will be required to make numerous presentations to both internal and external businessstakeholders reporting on various aspects of the product’s design,development and profitability. He / She will interact and manage junior product management personnel and any collaborating personnel in team building meetings as well as addressing consumers in conferences, events, clinics, and marketing initiatives.
Leadership Skills: Should demonstrate exceptional leadership skills. He / She will be working with various team players across departments offering guidance and direction. Should demonstrable a rich blend of analytical, creative, and strategic talents in order to win the confidence of his team mates who will then be more willing to follow in his directives and specifications. These qualities will also be needed in order to earn the confidence of the stakeholders and any external partners.
Interpersonal Skills: Certain interpersonal skills are a must-have for a PO, for example; the ability to work independently and still retain a high level of self-motivation; a high degree of professionalism as well aspersonal integrity; an ability to work effectively in a group setting andhelp move that group in a unified direction; being detail orientated;an ability to conceptualize, prioritize, and be involved in multiple projects with ease.
Software: The PO has to conduct a great deal of high-priority reporting and presenting. In order to ensure that these presentations resonate to each audience in the best way possible, they have to be both verbally and visually engaging, sparking an audience’s interest, curiosity, and attention. The PO must therefore, be proficient in the use of various design and presentation computer software such as MS PowerPoint,MS Excel, Illustrator, Visio, and / or Photoshop.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
• BSc in Technology, Mathematics or related field or a minimum of a higher diploma in information technology.An equivalent of this requirement in working experience is also acceptable.
• Has worked in a management position for a period of not less than 5 years.
• Other professional certificates along technology are an added advantage
Competencies and Attributes/Skills
• Results driven and a problem solver
• Highly self-motivated
• Analytical and critical thinker
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
• Inquisitive nature
• Open and collaborative style
• Demonstrate ability to take on new challenges
|Job Closing Date||27/12/2018|