|Company||Online Course Lecturer (Business Tax) - Uni4Online Cape Town|
Educor is the largest private education supplier in Southern Africa., managing 10 educational brands across its more than 60 campuses and sites in South Africa and internationally. As a Group we possess a rich heritage with brands that have been in existence for many years. Since our inception in 2008, Educor has evolved into an education giant offering face-to-face, distance and online learning. Our face to face brands include Damelin, CityVarsity, ICESA, Central Technical College and recently the Dermatech Training Institute. Distance brands include INTEC College, Damelin Correspondence College (DCC) and our higher-education distance brand, Lyceum. New additions to the Educor house of brands are our innovative and inspiring online brands, Damelin Online and CityVarsity Online. These brands remain the cornerstone of the Educor stable.
To undertake lecturing duties and the associated functions of preparation, assessment, moderation and curriculum development.
Main purpose of the Job
•To lecture subject matter and conduct sessions with students on an online platform
•To do high quality research into course you are responsible for and use this as a form to engage with students in discussion forums.
•Ensure that all students are actively participating and engaging in the course, in discussion forums, chats and submitting all work in
accordance with the course layout and plan.
•Keep track of student progress and ensure student retention by identifying students at risk, completed students and the number of active
students on the course.
•Academic content review
•Contribute to the preparation of course materials when/ if necessary
•Assisting in researching and developing new topics, courses and teaching materials, including online resources
•Carry out administrative tasks related to courses and attend meetings as required by the department’s management team
•Maintain a practical understanding of service standards and quality improvement initiatives relevant to the department and work to these
standards, engaging in personal and professional development as appropriate
•Involvement in examination certification and promotion of learners and ensure that through-put rate is maintained and managed effectively
•Conduct contact session with students, (distance) via webinars/online classrooms.
Key Performance Areas
• Academic online lecturing and facilitation
• Academic leadership and research
• Student records and academic monitoring
• General academic administration
• Student support and contact session
Requirements of the job
• A strong knowledge of the subject matter combined with a broad subject background enabling contributions to the teaching programmes
• One qualification level higher than the subject matter being taught
• Management and Teaching in tertiary environment
• 3 years industry and /or 3 years lecturing experience
• Possess specialist knowledge in the discipline to develop teaching and /or research programmes and the provision of learning support
• Computer literacy is essential especially in MS Outlook, MS Word and MS Excel
Competencies of the job
• Planning and organizing competencies
• Interacting with Students and Communities
• Excellent Interpersonal and Managerial Skills
• Good team player who is flexible / adaptable
• Extensive Product knowledge
• Strong communication skills especially verbal and written English
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent organisational and administrative skills
• Ability to assist remotely
•May be required to work overtime
•Shift work/rotation rosters
•May be required to travel
|Job Closing Date||14/12/2018|