|Company||Independent Communications Authority of South Africa|
|Salary||R 4,477,715.00 - 447,710.00 Annually|
|Location||Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape, South Africa|
Purpose of the job
To conduct investigations to resolve or mitigate harmful radio frequency spectrum interference, as well as conduct investigations and enforcement activities on radio frequency spectrum users.
|Job Functions||Electrical Engineering,Engineering|
The successful candidate will report to the Regional Manager: Eastern Cape, and their responsibilities will include:
● Investigate and resolve electromagnetic and radio frequency interference
● Compliance inspections of new and existing radio system installations at high sites
● Radio frequency spectrum monitoring to ensure efficient use by licensees
● Quality of service monitoring of services from electronic communications network service and broadcast licensees
● Enforcement of ICASA license terms and conditions in accordance with the Electronic Communications Act (ECA) and its associated statutes
● Investigations to ensure compliance of radio frequency apparatus in accordance with the Electronic Communications Act (ECA) and its associated statutes.
Qualifications and Experience:
Three year academic Degree in Electrical Engineering (Light Current)
● 3-5 year professional experience
● 4-6 years working experience in radio frequency (RF) environment
● Computer literacy and high level of proficiency in MS Office
● Non-endorsed driver license
● Radio frequency (RF) interference investigation experience (added advantage)
● Practical experience with electronic communications systems testing and/or monitoring equipment (added advantage).
Key Competencies and Attributes:
● Results driven
● Attention to detail
● Able to work and make decisions under pressure
● Interpersonal Skills
● Excellent Communicator (written and verbal/presentation skills)
● Technical expertise
● Valid Drivers license.
ICASA is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment
•If you do not hear from us within three months of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
•Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
•It is the applicant`s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
•It is also the responsibility of the applicant to obtain evaluation and certification of the Recognition for Prior Learning (RPL).
•Only candidates who meet the requirements should apply.
•ICASA reserves the right not to make an appointment.
•Appointment is subject to getting a positive security clearance, verification of the applicants documents (Qualifications), and reference checks.
•Correspondence will be entered into with shortlisted candidates only.
•CVs from Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted.
|Job Closing Date||14/12/2018|