|Company||Communications Regulatory Authority of Namibia|
Reports to the Head: Corporate Communications this position's primary responsibility is to promote a positive
image of the Authority through the establishment and management of close liaison with the media and key
stakeholders to ensure that the public knows and understands the functions of the Authority.
|Job Functions||Communications,Creative,Design,Distribution,Editing,Media,Public Relations|
• Collaborates with the Head: Corporate Communication to create and implement communications
strategies, plans and programmes;
• Consults with internal stakeholders to manage the process of information gathering and writing
communication pieces such as speeches, press statements, briefing notes and publication articles,
pertaining to internal and external stakeholders;
• Facilitates and manages the production and layout of printed publications;
• Ensures and manages relevant market research and monitoring of ICT trends (locally and internationally);
• Analyses media coverage and design mechanism to always maintain a positive image of the Authority;
• Ensures the effective communication of policies, regulations, directives and decisions of CRAN to licences
and the public, using various effective mediums; and
• Manages and develops brand reputation and management function.
• Manages through coordination of administrative duties and liaison with affiliated bodies and organisation
such as CRASA and the ITU;
• Identifies and coordinates relationship building initiatives amongst stakeholders both locally and
• Builds and maintains relationships with multiple stakeholders.
Corporate Social Responsibility (Universal Service and Access and Public Education);
• Develops and manages consumer education and awareness campaigns that enhance the image of
the Authority; and
• Coordinates the implementation of special projects, educational and public awareness campaigns and
corporate social responsibility initiatives of the Authority.
• Coordinates CRAN’s events such as press conferences, exhibitions, open days and public hearings both
locally and out of country, and;
• Strengthens the relationship with stakeholders through identifying events to attend.
Education, Experience & Skill Requirements:
• Relevant Degree in Communications, Media, Journalism, Public Relations or International Relations;
• Master’s degree will be an added advantage;
• Five (5) years relevant experience, two (2) years managerial/supervisory experience;
• Professional Registration: PRISA is an added advantage;
• Social Media Marketing qualification an added advantage;
• Exceptional excellent communications skills (Foreign language an added advantage);
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• Can work well under extreme pressure;
• Computer literate: Ms Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
• Project Management Skills; and
• Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit proof of Namibian Police clearance.
|Job Closing Date||19/12/2018|