|Location||Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa|
Educor is the largest private education supplier in Southern Africa., managing 10 educational brands across its more than 60 campuses and sites in South Africa and internationally. As a Group we possess a rich heritage with brands that have been in existence for many years. Since our inception in 2008, Educor has evolved into an education giant offering face-to-face, distance and online learning. Our face to face brands include Damelin, CityVarsity, ICESA, Central Technical College and recently the Dermatech Training Institute. Distance brands include INTEC College, Damelin Correspondence College (DCC) and our higher-education distance brand, Lyceum. New additions to the Educor house of brands are our innovative and inspiring online brands, Damelin Online and CityVarsity Online. These brands remain the cornerstone of the Educor stable.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
• Liaise with Head Office and maintain academic and institutional compliance as prescribed in national legislation.
• Ensure that all the necessary systems, policies and procedures are in place and maintained to ensure that learning programs are conceptualised, developed and introduced in the higher education band. Oversee and facilitate all prescribed committee meetings as reflected in the Quality Assurance Manual.
• Register and comply with the relevant regulatory body instructions insofar as legislative requirements are concerned.
• Maintain all the academic processes, procedures and systems specified to ensure legislative accreditation is maintained.
• Develop external relationships with industry stakeholders to promote programs.
• Manage product development and oversee departmental budgets.
• Manage and oversee the activities of the different College Faculties.
• Manage examiner, moderator and marker database to ensure academic integrity and excellence.
• Manage all assessment processes and facilities.
• Assist the General Manager to ensure the financial viability of the College.
• Oversee and ensure successful examinations and assessments in the various programs offered by the applicable brand.
• Facilitate staff development and training.
• Provide academic leadership.
• Promote and facilitate research and development.
• Implement academic strategy, policy and structure
• Evaluate, upgrade and develop programmes
• Quality assurance
• Manage teaching
• Management of Academic Staff
• General Administration and Academic Management
Should you not receive any feedback in 6 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
NB: Educor will give preference to South African citizens and those that advance its employment equity goals, suitably qualified in line with the inherent requirements of the job advertised.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
• A Bachelor’s degree or preferable an Honours degree is required.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in Academic Management in a tertiary environment is required.
• Computer literacy is essential especially in MS Outlook, MS Word and MS Excel.
COMPETENCIES OF THE JOB:
• Planning and organizing competencies
• Excellent Interpersonal and Managerial Skills
• Good team player
• Good attention to detail.
• Good communication skills especially verbal and written English.
• Able to work independently
• Ability to function in a highly pressurized environment
• Managing conflict.
• Leadership skills.
|Job Closing Date||14/12/2018|