|Reference #||#Fleet 2018|
|Location||Isando, Gauteng, South Africa|
The main purpose of the job is to carry out service and repairs to trailers and semi-trailers including suspensions, combinations, basic electrical and air braking systems within OEM requirements and specifications.
|Job Functions||Plant & Workshop|
1. Carry out a defect inspection and report on a trailer or semi-trailer (incl. trailer braking systems (incl. airbrakes), suspension/ axle, structural components, electrical systems, basic hydraulics).
2. Carry out the service of the trailer as per OEM requirements.
3. To complete/oversee the repairs of any defects found.
4. Complete complaint, cause and correction on job cards for sign off by supervisor/foreman.
5. Complete all relevant administrative requirements, including, but not limited to service sheets, stores requisitions, technical data sheets etc.
6. Use basic brake diagnostic equipment (Wabco/ Knorr-bremse).
7. Choose alternative ways of carrying out tasks (innovation).
8. Operate electrical and mechanical equipment pertaining to the job, ie power tools.
9. Carry out welding (basic), grinding and assembling.
10. Work according to occupational health and safety requirements.
11. Supervision of employees, where applicable (incl. general worker, artisan assistant, semi-skilled worker and apprentice).
12. Work according to OE standard repair times.
13. Helping where needed and carrying out any reasonable requests.Internal matrix customers
•Matric/ Grade 12 with Mathematics and English
•Minimum of 2 – 3 years of experience in a heavy-duty transport / commercial vehicle workshop
•Basic knowledge of airbrakes
•Basic electrical knowledge
•Basic knowledge of axles and suspensions (BPW, Henred Fruehauf)
•Understanding of technical data specifications
•Communicate efficiently in English
•Taking instructions in English
•Technical aptitude and ability
|Job Closing Date||31/01/2019|