|Company||Barloworld Logistics Africa|
|Location||Centurion, Gauteng, South Africa|
The core purpose of the role is to provide legal support and services, manage legal risk and protect the interest of Barloworld Logistics Africa Group.
1. Provide legal support and direction to Barloworld Logistics Africa Group on all issues pertaining to legal, risk, policies and procedures.
2. Drafting, negotiating and reviewing of commercial documents which includes services agreements, joint venture agreements, loan agreements, sale of business agreements, and sale of share agreements, shareholder agreements etc. and any other related ancillary documents.
3. Develop and implement standardised agreements and/or templates applicable to the business of the Barloworld Logistics Africa Group.
4. Assist in the development and creation of the legal database and/or registers in respect of all agreements transactional documentation and policies.
5. Provide advices or consult on all issues pertaining to legal governance and policies within Barloworld Logistics Africa Group.
6. Provide legal training within the Barloworld Logistics Africa Group in respect of applicable legislation.
7. Review, develop and implement various governance policies and procedures within the Barloworld Logistics Africa Group.
8. Identify and report on legal risks and provide legal solutions in mitigation thereof.
BA/LLB or equivalent legal qualification
Registered as a non-practicing attorney with the Law society
6-10 years post qualification experience in commercial legal environment
Sound and proven experience in contract law
Understand contract law
Draft and review commercial contracts
Understand the commercial business structure
Understand the applicable legislation
Understand corporate governance within Barloworld Group
Understanding the business as well as the various functions with regards to providing legal advices
Highly developed persuasive and influencing skills
Strong ability to reason with written information
Highly developed interpersonal skills related to networking, internal resilience, including sensitivity to diversity, discretionary skills to negotiate and conflict resolution
Highly developed contract negotiation skills
Note taking skills
Strong ability to interpret numerical information
Critical thinking skills to analyze and diagnose requirements, develop contracts and solve relatively complex problems
Memorization and recollection of information
Ability to multi-task
Computer, technology and systems
|Job Closing Date||21/01/2019|