|Company||Barloworld Logistics Africa|
|Location||Highflats, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa|
To lead and manage a technical workshop team in the execution of the Transport vehicle maintenance strategy and OE accreditation standards.
1. Ensure that quality standards of work are maintained.
2. Ensure that housekeeping standards are adhered to.
3. Conduct regular internal audits on hygiene factors in order to ensure that housekeeping standards are adhered to.
4. Keep fleet downtime to a minimum, without compromising quality.
5. Maintain workshops according to the appropriate standards of productivity and efficiency.
6. Check equipment availability and ensure that all equipment is maintained in good working order.
7. Conduct regular scheduled servicing as per OE requirements and company standards.
8. Maintain vehicles according to OE standards.
9. Report vehicle abuse in line with company procedures.
10. Attend to vehicle breakdowns effectively and efficiently.
11. Implement preventative maintenance plans for vehicles.
12. Ensure that all vehicles are roadworthy.
13. Ensure that service records are maintained as per company policies and procedures.
14. Manage employees in line with the SmartTrucker employee value proposition and company performance management processes.
15. Ensure compliance to the Occupational Health and Safety Act and other applicable legislation
Matric/ Grade 12
Trade tested diesel mechanic
Minimum 5 years’ previous experience in a heavy commercial vehicles workshop environment.
Minimum 3 years’ previous experience in a commercial vehicle workshop at a supervisory
Certificate of fitness (COF)
In-depth knowledge of diagnostic equipment
Extensive commercial vehicle workshop management knowledge.
Knowledge of workshop financial management processes
Understanding of technical data specifications
Computer literacy and Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
|Job Closing Date||27/09/2019|