|Company||WSP Group Africa (Pty) Ltd|
|Location||Bryanston, Gauteng, South Africa|
WSP is one of the most diverse consulting firms in Africa. To further our strategic business expansion plan, we are seeking new employees who are loyal, committed, competent and proud to work for us. We are committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment.
|Job Functions||Compliance & Regulatory Affairs,Facilities & Property Manager,Finance|
The items detailed herein are guidelines for the Head of Supply Chain & Real Estate. These items are indicators of eligibility/capability for the position. The suitability of an employee for the position remains at the discretion of management. Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Finance Director, the Head of Supply Chain & Real Estate will take a leadership role in executing effective and efficient procurement and supply chain services in WSP ensuring values and competencies in maintaining transparency, integrity, and compliance with established rules and regulations
• Procurement and Supply Chain Management
• Manage the entire process in the planning of procurement and supply chain activities.
• Ensure effective lines of communication between the divisions and the procurement team to ensure priority requirements, timely delivery of goods, works and services using the most appropriate procurement procedures.
• Be responsible for introducing process improvements in the supply chain and identify new vendors/suppliers without jeopardizing quality and service delivery.
• Manage relationships with vendors, suppliers and contractors that facilitate smooth flow of services to WSP and projects/programs.
• Ensure full compliance of procurement activities and financial policies.
• Ensure effective use of Internal Standard Operating Procedures in Procurement, control of workflows, continuous business processes monitoring and elaboration of improvements in systems and processes.
• Manage and monitor all transactional procurement including tendering processes, evaluation, contracting, contract management, legal considerations and payment conditions, contractors, performance evaluation and risk assessment.
• Implement strategic procurement including sourcing strategy, supplier selection and evaluation, quality management, customer relationship management and performance measurement.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual procurement reports as required.
• Manage the company’s vehicle fleet.
• Manage the Travel system.
Contracts Administration and Management
• Provide oversight over various contract management processes and ensure transparency.
• Develop and implement systems for internal control that would ensure compliance with contractual terms and conditions in collaboration with Project/Programme Managers and Team Leaders.
• Negotiate contract terms with vendors and the sub-contractors in the best manner achieving the best interest of WSP | Parsons Brinkerhoff, its clients, and beneficiaries.
• Monitor and analyse contract performance against agreed benchmarks through agreed reporting mechanisms and advise projects on potential issues and recommend remedial actions.
• Negotiate, within the terms and conditions of the contract, solutions to conflicts/problems arising in case of poor performance or non-compliance with contractual obligations and convene meetings with vendors/sub-contractors to allow ample opportunity for the identification and early resolution of potential disputes.
• Develop appropriate contract management tools, guidelines, and manuals for standardization and knowledge-sharing purposes.
• Purchase Orders, Amendments, and requests for contract awards and/or waivers for accumulated procurement values ensuring that all specifications, terms, and conditions are clear and correct.
• Accounts Payable Management
• Manage Accounts Payable function ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
• Develop, implement and maintain systems, procedures, and policies to ensure adherence to company policies.
• Manages monthly closing of accounts payable, records and posting of month-end information; ensures accuracy of financial statements.
• Provide accounting assistance with regards to accounts payable to project managers and the Finance Team, responds to queries and concerns to meet business needs.
• Develop and implement the BBBEE strategy.
• Benchmark progress against BBBEE strategy on a quarterly basis.
• Potential BBBEE and SME suppliers are identified as the need/opportunity arises.
• Potential BBBEE and SME suppliers are audited against stipulated company criteria.
• Appointed BBBEE and SME suppliers are developed, supported and monitored.
• Responsible for the BBBEE certifications and reaching of targets set by WSP Board.
• Take full responsibility for assets management of all Capex items.
• Initiate assets tagging, verification, maintenance, monitoring and write-off/disposal as may be appropriate in compliance with established rules and procedures.
• Monitor life-cycle/shelf-life of assets and equipment.
• Visit regional offices on a regular basis and liaise with the Regional Office and/or HQ on all procurement issues if and when applicable.
• Manage the vehicle fleet and make sure it is optimally used and charged out to the divisions.
Real Estate Management
• Responsible for the leadership, strategic planning, property management and development of the Facilities Management Division.
• Developing and defining key property and facilities management operational goals and strategies.
• Responsible for managing the travel system and implement improvements
• Liaise with all travel stakeholders.
• Trainings for the operations/project personnel on procurement, supply chain and assets management and synthesize lessons learned and best practices.
• Ensure regular submission of procurement activity reports and assets reports to management and projects.
• Ensure all activities are compliant with standard reporting requirements and audits.
• Manage the Procurement Office and coordinate with respective practitioners from projects and programmes.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Competencies & Qualities
• Lead procurement processes using specific procurement methods and to analyse procurement and supply chain service requirements.
• Demonstrates integrity by modelling the WSP | Parsons Brinkerhoff’s values and ethical standards.
• Good understanding of WSP business, the operational environment, and its clients.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Strong negotiator.
• Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback.
• Leads teams effectively and shows conflict resolution skills.
• Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
• Builds strong relationships with clients, Operational staff, the Finance department, and external contractors.
• Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure.
• Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
• Advocate and provide policy advice. This can be included under responsibilities. Ability to promote integrity and business ethics; demonstrate mature judgment, trust, and open communication ability to ensure effective teamwork, collaborative behavior and team spirit.
• Ability to develop collaborative and harmonious relationship with external partners and clients at the senior level.
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills to persuade and influence others.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize work schedules.
• Ability to deliver requested work within deadlines and correct information.
• Resourcefulness & ability to work on own initiative.
• Basic time planning, to be able to prioritise work and work on several tasks at any given time.
• Pro activeness - always look to improve output.
• Professionalism - overall responsibility, accountability, neatness, marketing, effective representation of WSP to Clients.
• Recommend that this list be amended as follows:
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the WSP | Parsons Brinkerhoff’s values and ethical standards.
• Leadership qualities
• Analytical skills.
• Negotiation skills
• Client focus and relationship building skills
• Conflict resolution skills
• Stress management and personal resilience
• Flexibility and adaptability
• Communication skills both verbal and written
• Team orientated
• Time management skills
• Proficient in the use of computer applications and systems
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Role model standards for SHEQ performance and behaviour consistent with the company’s health, safety, environmental and quality vision and policies by influencing those around you. Contributing to the identification of SHEQ risks and driving processes to achieve Zero Harm. Embracing, displaying and promoting the company values and ensuring a safe working environment is maintained at all times.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Postgraduate qualification in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Commerce, Economics, or related field.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND GENERIC SKILLS:
• First-level university degree with a combination of relevant academic qualifications and 2 – 5 years’ relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
• Experience At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in the delivery and management of procurement and supply chain services and assets management.
• WSP experience a distinct advantage.
|Job Closing Date||23/09/2019|