|Company||Africa Health Research Institute|
|Location||Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa|
The Africa Health Research Institute (AHRI) and Sub-Saharan African Network for TB/HIV Research Excellence (SANTHE) are looking for a dynamic intern to join their Communication Departments. The purpose of this position is to support Communications at AHRI and SANTHE specifically with their writing, multimedia and administrative related work.
We are looking for someone with strong story-telling and written communication skills and meticulous attention to detail. We want an organised, efficient team player who is a creative thinker. Our ideal candidate will be curious about the world and interested in scientific research and its power for change.
|Industries||Academic,Healthcare,Ngo / Non-Profit,Pharmaceutical / Medical / Healthcare / Hygiene,Research,Science & Technology|
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Photography and video for internal and external audiences
- Story writing and editing
- Updating online and social media content
- Event organising and administrative support
- General support for other Communications Department activities
Undergraduate degree or diploma in media, brand communication, graphic design, visual communication or a closely related field and/or
- BSc, BSocSci or BA with a diploma or demonstrated experience in a media or communications environment
- Matric level physical science and biology is an advantage
- Multimedia skills (video, video editing, graphic design) are an advantage
- Previous experience using a website CMS is an advantage
- An interest in or demonstrated experience of Science Communication is an advantage
Some work experience is preferable for this position. A strong portfolio and evidence of initiative and creativity in visual and written communication is essential.
|Job Closing Date||03/10/2019|