|Location||Fourways, Gauteng, South Africa|
Ovation Technologies is seeking an exceptional candidate with to provide Technical and Architecture leadership on Software Development projects.
|Job Functions||Information Technology|
|Industries||ICT - Information & Communications Technology|
Works on quality engineering projects using available frameworks and tools and establishing plans for projects with on-time and on-budget project goals. Primary role in Quality Engineering in the areas of analysis and design, implementation and system integration, and execution, in line with agreed plans and strategies.
- Works on multiple phases of a project and/or multiple small projects of moderate scope and sometimes complex assignments.
- Takes responsibility for a certain area and conditions as well as results evaluation, problem resolution, and planning.
- Selects appropriate standards, methods, tools, and applications for project use.
- Applies data analysis and data modeling techniques to modify or maintain a data structure and its associated components (entity descriptions, relationship descriptions, attribute definitions).
- Designs, codes, tests, and documents simple programs or scripts and assists in the implementation of software which forms part of a properly engineered system.
- Co-ordinates the information gathering and reporting process, conducting research to define problems and preparing responses to anticipated questions.
- Accurately identifies project risks and reports effectively to relevant stakeholders. Manages issues, risks, actions, dependencies, and defects to the success of the project.
- Creates traceability records, from test cases back to requirements. Can report on system quality and collects metrics on test cases.
- Produces test scripts, materials, and regression test packs to test new and amended software or services.
- Maintains the status of the project and provides guidance to the work of junior team members, works across teams to achieve group goals.
- Intermediate theoretical knowledge in quality engineering methodologies and has awareness of opportunities provided by new and emerging technologies and products.
- Has good applications/technology knowledge, building on specialist domain knowledge and has practical experience of engineering tools and platforms required to deliver.
- Experience and knowledge in any of the performance testing, data and test automation tools such as HP Performance Center/ LoadRunner, HP UFT /QTP, HP Service Test, Service Virtualize, SoapUI, CA LISA, CA GridTools Data Maker/ DataManager, JMeter, Neoload, Selenium, IBM Rational Integration Tester, Rational Robot, Borland SilkTest, TOSCA, Atlassian Jira, Jenkins, Selenium, Cucumber, Gherkin etc.
- Programming knowledge (ideally VB, Java, C#) and technical expertise in script languages (Shell, Perl, etc.).
- Good knowledge of Cloud concepts and virtualization.
|Job Closing Date||30/11/2019|