|Company||National Renal Care (Pty) Ltd|
|Location||Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa|
National Renal Care has grown and evolved into the leading total kidney and disease management organisation in South Africa. NRC cares, not only for its patients but also for society and earth.
National Renal Care situated in Cape Town CBD seeks to recruit an ambitious, talented, goal driven and self-motivated individual to fulfil the role of Clinical Technologist (Independent Practice).
The Clinical Technologist (Independent Practice) will render and promote cost effective, safe quality patient care in accordance with hospital standards and policies.
The incumbent will further be responsible for direct and/or indirect nursing care of a patient or a group of patients, for assessing, planning, executing and supervising the implementation of care to meet patient needs, is a role model in the delivery of evidence based care and will actively participate in Clinical Governance.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
• Ensure that all patient clinical records are maintained and updated in accordance with the deadlines, policies & procedures and the NRC standards.
• Ensure that all financial policies and procedures are followed in the unit i.e.
confirmation, billing, private patients, stock, waste etc.
• Manage and maintain all medical equipment in accordance with NRC’s technical policies and procedures.
• Ensure that all NRC quality initiative programs are utilised for the patients under your management.
• To provide optimal patient care as per the nursing scope of practice and NRC’s clinical care pathways.
• To perform dialysis according to prescription in a safe manner and in accordance to NRC’s internal policies and procedures. (Bag change procedure)
• Effective risk prevention and management
• Maintain a therapeutic, clean and safe environment that is free from medico-legal hazards
• Adhere to the NRC Resuscitation and Reanimation policy
• Adhere to NRC medical waste management principles and all other waste management principles
• Maintain a safe working environment in accordance with the Machinery and Occupational Safety Act
• Report and act upon potential/actual risks identified
• Responsible for ensuring correct use, cleaning and storage of equipment
• Report equipment needing repair or replacement
• Maintain professional conduct and standards at all times in accordance with NRC policies and procedures
• Maintain patient confidentiality at all times
• Assume responsibility for own personal and professional development
• Ensure that your knowledge is constantly updated regarding Nephrology nursing in order to aid you in providing an optimal dialysis service and education and training to patients, new staff and patient’s families.
• Keep up to date with National Renal Care’s evolving policies and procedures
• Ensure that you are continuously educated regarding the Health care worker function in the unit and that your related knowledge is constantly updated.
REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE
• Registration with the HPCSA as a Clinical Technologist Nephrology (Independent Practice)
• BTech Degree in Nephrology
• Relevant experience in the clinical discipline
• Must be able to travel
• Capacity to implement and maintain standards of health practice required from all accredited bodies and appropriate health legislation
|Job Closing Date||16/02/2020|