|Company||City Property Administration (Pty) Ltd.|
|Location||Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa|
City Property Administration (Pty) Ltd is a residential and commercial property management Company that has been operating since 1968 with their headquarters in Pretoria and a supporting office in Johannesburg. City Property transforms buildings and injects fresh vitality into our inner cities. We provide sophisticated, modern and cosmopolitan retail spaces, offices, warehouses and apartments that ensure that those who
live and work in the CBD enjoy the best South Africa’s cities have to offer.
The Finance Department in Pretoria has a position for an Accountant. If you believe you meet the requirements for this position then we would appreciate your application.
|Industries||Facilities & Property Management|
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
· Consult with all relevant departments i.e. Leasing, Repairs and Maintenance etc. in order to compile a budget.
· Analyze the budget to ensure that it is complete and reasonable in line with approved assumptions, current economic conditions etc.
· Ensure that the budget is in the correct format and uploaded correctly.
· Review the entire General Ledger for completeness and accuracy
· Perform month and year-end procedures, e.g. raise accruals and prepayments, provide for depreciation/amortization, bad debt provisions, etc.
· Reconcile general ledger accounts, e.g. fixed assets, investment property, lease & tenant installation costs, etc. to supporting schedules.
· Obtain reasons for variances between the budgets and actuals from relevant stakeholders.
· Review the financial forecast and update if required.
· Prepare the rent-roll reconciliation from month to month
· Review management pack for accuracy and completeness, assemble and distribute to relevant stakeholders.
· Maintain the fixed asset register where applicable.
· Calculate the current and the deferred tax calculation.
· Perform property valuations (Bi-Annually).
· Draft financial statements using Caseware (annually).
· Review the financial statements for accuracy
· Prepare the working papers required for the annual audit.
· Attend to Auditor’s questions and queries during the audit
· Complete calculations of provisional taxes.
· Complete the annual final tax return
· Attend to all tax queries received from SARS within the prescribed timelines.
· Where the VAT Administrator compiles the returns, review the work conducted by the VAT Administrator, and ensure that the VAT return reconciles to the General Ledger and investigate any differences.
· Prepare for, attend meetings, and provide accurate and timely feedback when required.
Knowledge including: education, qualifications and training:
· BCom Financial degree with major in Accounting required.
· Completed Articles at an Audit Firm or Accounting Firm (SAICA, SAIPA) required.
· Experience in Property preferred.
· Knowledge of IFRS preferred
· Sound Management Accounting abilities e.g. budgeting, monthly management accounts, forecasting
· Knowledge of taxation (calculations and completion of returns) will be an advantage
· MS Office skills
|Job Closing Date||17/02/2020|