|Reference #||2020/02/Admin Assistant Pidelta|
|Location||Komatipoort, Mpumalanga, South Africa|
Pidelta forms part of a group of associated companies under the umbrella of the Plennegy Group, who are leaders in their respective fields in agricultural innovation, technology and production. The company has grown from one small farm in 1973 to its present 8,500+ hectares of mixed and diverse farming units.
Farms are located in Umvoti, Winterton, Kaalfontein and Komatipoort districts, of which 3,700Ha are arable and devoted to production of seed crops and sugar cane
Employing 300 permanent staff across the farms, with a further 1 000 people on a seasonal basis for specialised tasks such as detasseling and harvesting of maize and forestry products.
This position is on a Pidelta Farm, about 10km outside Komatipoort, on the R571.
|Job Functions||Accounting,Administration,Finance,Human Resources,Personal Assistant|
|Industries||Accounting,Admin, Office & Support,Agriculture,Bookkeeping,Financial Services,Human Resources|
* General Farm Administration & Secretarial duties
* Statutory documentation complete and submit to relevant Authorities including Employee Records.
* HR Payroll compile and submit to HR Shared Services.
* Basic Bookkeeping functions as per site requirements.
*Liaise with Vendors and external customers.
* Facilities Housekeeping - ensuring the Offices are always neat.
Technical & Professional Qualifications:
- Grade 12 with accounting and/or mathematics/Equivalent NQF level 4 qualification in accounting & administration
- Tertiary qualifications with Bookkeeping/administration would be advantageous
- MS Office -Proven competence in Word,Excel & Powerpoint.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role within a high stress environment
- Experience within a large organisation would be advantageous
- Experience in MS Office would be advantageous
- Minimum of 1 year experience in the use of any accounting systems
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Required Knowledge:
* Basic Knowledge and understanding of accounting principles, practices and ethics
* Relevant working knowledge in the use of any accounting systems
* Relevant working knowledge of SAGE Payroll
* Computer literacy is essential
* Intermediate to advanced level of usage on MS Office Excel, MS Office Outlook & MS Office Word; Basic level of usage on MS Office Power-point
- Required skills crucial to success in this role:
* Good interpersonal skills
* Good communication skills
* Good problem solving skills
* Good administrative skills
* Good time management and prioritisation skills
* Good writing and verbal skills
* Good computer skills
* Good organisational skills
- Required attributes crucial to success in this role:
* Attention to detail
* Problem solving
* Ability to work under pressure and high amounts of stress while maintaining accuracy
* Highly ethical and reliable
* Adherence to confidentiality
* Team player, but able to work independently
* Ability to be firm when the occasion presents itself
* Ability to operate with minimal supervision
* Proactive problem solver
* Deadline driven
* Ability to liaise with people within and outside of the organisation
* Concern for deadlines, order, quality and accuracy
|Job Closing Date||01/03/2020|