|Location||Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa|
Africa Health Research Institute (AHRI) is looking for a dynamic Senior Communications and Events Officer to join its Strategic Communications and Partnerships team.
The purpose of this position is to lead on the implementation of AHRI’s internal communications strategy, ensuing efficient and focused internal communications for the Institute. The incumbent will also be responsible for leading on and positioning all AHRI special events from a Strategic Communications and Partnerships Department perspective.
AHRI requires a candidate with expertise in internal communications and brand management. The incumbent should have excellent interpersonal skills; excellent planning and event management skills; meticulous attention to detail as well as outstanding story-telling and written communication skills. We require a self-starter who is a team player and is not afraid to pitch in and get their hands dirty.
This position will require travel between AHRI’s Durban and Somkhele campuses.
|Industries||Academic,Healthcare,Ngo / Non-Profit,Pharmaceutical / Medical / Healthcare / Hygiene,Research,Science & Technology|
1.Strategic oversight of all AHRI’s internal communication tools and channels
2.Development and implementation of AHRI’s internal communications strategy
3. Conceptualisation and design of materials for print and digital applications
4.Brand management, including oversight of AHRI’s branded materials for external use
5. Strategic oversight and leadership of AHRI’s internal and external events from a communications perspective
1. Undergraduate degree or diploma in communication, marketing, media studies, journalism or a closely related field.
1. At least five years' experience in a communications role - or related field.
2. Demonstrable experience of producing printed publications; managing a website or intranet platform; newsletter production and management; photography and photo editing and basic video shooting and editing skills
3. Experience managing an internal communications portfolio
4. Experience working in a communications or marketing role in a research organisation is an advantage
1. Excellent storytelling, visual and written communication skills
2. Functional knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and video editing software
3. Excellent attention to detail and ability to work to tight deadlines
4. Excellent event management skills
5. Fluency in isiZulu is an advantage.
6. We require a team player who is flexible and not afraid to pitch in and get their hands dirty
AHRI is fully compliant with South African labour law and is committed to employment equity. This position is open to South African applicants and also valid work permit/visa holders.
AHRI reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, AHRI reserves the right not to make an appointment. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date.
|Job Closing Date||26/02/2020|