|Company||Media Film Services|
|Location||Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa|
Media Film Service is a film rental facility in South Africa, which leads the way in supplying products and services to the motion picture industry.
Established in 2000, Media Film Service is a proudly South African company and has grown to become a leading provider of professional camera, lighting and grip equipment.
With strong relationships with international suppliers we have grown our business to be internationally known and trusted. With facilities in Cape Town and Johannesburg we have accumulated many years of experience in supplying productions that shoot in Southern Africa.
We service the industry from major feature films and TV dramas, to commercials and broadcast shows.
The Incumbent is responsible to ensure that all digital cameras are repaired, serviced, maintained in an industry acceptable in a safe working order.
1. Repair Function
- Ensuring that cameras are serviced, repaired, maintained and that QC measures are in place and that our equipment meets the required standards.
- Ensuring that our booking system is kept updated with regards to camera repairs and scrapping.
- Liasing with the stores supervisor to ensure our stock and spares are always sufficient.
2. On Set Advisory and Fault Finding
- Direct liaison with DOP and Production re issues and advice with cameras.
- Attending to on set technical problems.
3. Procurement of camera spares and parts
- Ensuring that all required spare parts and specialist tools are ordered in good time as required.
4. General Duties
- Working repair supervision.
- Future proofing the company and ensuring we keep ahead with the trends in the industry.
- R&D projects
-Giving regular feedback regarding camera status to the HOD and Ops manager is required.
5. Work Environment
- Keeping the workplace clean & tidy.
- Ensuring Occupational Health and Safety rules are followed.
A relevant Matric qualification/a technical diploma in Electro mechanical engineering.
A minimum of 2 years experience with a camera department.
A minimum of 2 years electronic workshop experience.
A minimum of 3 years experience with a supervisory position.
|Job Closing Date||28/02/2020|