|Company||The Beverage Company|
|Location||Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa|
The Beverage Company is looking to build its database of suitable Finance Business Partner : Supply Chain candidates. There is no guarantee of immediate placement of successful candidates. This will only come into effect when a position becomes available.
This role is responsible for providing accurate financial information, models and insights through on-going, cross-functional engagement enabling informed financial and investment decisions. This position provides targeted strategic insights, day to day financial support and robust commercial analysis to the Chief Supply Chain Officer. The position will be reporting to the Head of Strategic Finance in Isando.
|Industries||Fmcg (Fast Moving Consumer Goods Sector),Food & Beverages|
Key Accountabilities and Outputs
• Improving the impact, and understanding, of financial reporting on business performance.
• Providing analysis and delivering insight that links financial reports to business strategies.
• Providing effective commercial procedures, or initiating change, to ensure key operational, commercial and financial targets are delivered.
• Coaching of other staff within the department
• Building partnerships and maintaining strong relationships with all senior managers and their teams.
• Delivery and support in annual planning processes including Annual medium-term plan and short-term plan processes
• Value-adding finance input to support translation of strategic objectives into KPI’s, financial targets and forecasts
• Support and deliver periodic re-forecasts ensuring that latest operational drivers are understood and considered and highlight risks and opportunities
• Support cost centre owners to make informed financial decisions for initiatives aligned to the organisation’s strategy and operating plans.
• Supporting cost centre owners to make informed financial decisions with regards to their annual and revised budgets.
• Build and maintain financial models which accurately forecast project and business performance.
• Support and drive business case governance in the business.
• Preparation of weekly and monthly income statements and other financial reports.
Head of Strategic
• Full ownership and accountability of the business unit’s results against budget and being a true business
• Managing of the business unit’s general ledgers to ensure accuracy and completeness.
• Providing financial insights as a business partner to show both risks on cost drivers as well as opportunities
on reducing costs in line with a key priority of “Sustained focus on Cost Compression”
• Value-adding finance input to support CSCO in the translation of strategic objectives into KPI’s, financial
targets and forecasts
• Support and drive business case governance in the business
• Active involvement in monthly stock counts
• Accountable for monthly reconciliation of assigned GL accounts
• Assisting the Head of Strategic Finance with any work or projects in line with the Strategic Finance Team’s
• Learning and growth mind-set
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Taking ownership and accountability for actions
• Ability to form relationships and influence decision making at all levels of the organisation
• Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams.
• Effective communicator
• Must be willing to work on other projects tasks even if not part of determined KPI’s
• Positive outlook
• Systematic Approach
• Conceptual & Analytical Abilities
• Result & Goal orientation
• Influencing & Negotiation
• B. Com degree
• 3 year Articles
Experience, Skill and behavioral competencies
• At least 3 years in either commercial or professional services role preferably with Operations experience
• Ability to manage and motivate a team that is geographically spread
• Understanding of Supply Chain processes
• Engagement with multiple stakeholders in the business in order to deliver on objectives.
• Experience building robust financial models.
• Experience within FMCG industry essential.
• Finance Function experience of 3+years
• Advanced Excel & Powerpoint
• Business Partner experience
|Job Closing Date||31/05/2020|