|Company||Barloworld Automotive & Logistics Africa|
|Reference #||FLEET 2020/03/13|
|Location||Howick, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa|
The main purpose of the job is carry out hot work repairs within OEM and/or company standards and specifications for commercial vehicles which includes: truck tractors, trailers, semi-trailers, tankers and auxiliary equipment.
Key deliverables and outputs:
1. Strip and assess damanged body components of commercial vehicles.
2. Provide detailed materials list (new and/or repaired part) for quotation purposes.
3. Repair, refurbish or fabricate body and structural components of commercial vehicles within OEM and/ company standards and specifications.
4. Ensure highest quality finish according to standards and specifications.
5. Complete job cards for sign off (individual and supervisor/foreman).
6. Complete all relevant administrative requirements, including, but not limited to service sheets, stores requisitions, technical data sheets etc.
7. Work according to OE and company standard repair times.
8. Ensure integrity of all related tools of the trade.
9. Choose alternative ways of carrying out tasks (innovation).
10. Operate electrical and mechanical equipment pertaining to the job, i.e. power tools.
11. Work according to occupational health and safety requirements.
12. Supervision of employees, where applicable (incl. general worker, artisan assistant, semi-skilled worker and apprentice).
13. Co-ordination and collaboration of employees working on the same vehicle.
14. Helping where needed and carrying out any reasonable requests.
•3 - 5 years of experience in a trailer manufacturing / repair environment
•Matric/ Grade 12 with Mathematics and English
•Trade Tested Boilermaker or Trade Tested Fabricator / Body builder
•Coded welding certificates – advantageous
•Valid Code EC (14) License - advantageous
|Job Closing Date||27/03/2020|