|Company||BDO South Africa|
|Location||Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa|
Statucor (Pty) Ltd was incorporated in 1989 and has since become the most comprehensive national provider of corporate stewardship services. We have offices in all the major centres across South Africa and provide compliance, governance and secretarial services to over 3000 large companies, including corporate firms, JSE-listed companies, and privately held local and international companies.
|Job Functions||Compliance & Regulatory Affairs|
The purpose of the job is to fulfil the role of an outsourced Company Secretary with duties as assigned and legislated, including development of Company Secretarial / Governance strategies, policies and operational plans.
•Knowledge of corporate governance principles, legislation, Companies Act and King IV;
•Ensure the board of Directors and the Company comply with good corporate governance;
•Prepare and manage the annual Board calendar;
•Preparation of Agenda’s for meetings;
•Manage the Board meetings preparation and deliverables (meeting packs);
•Effective drafting of resolutions;
•Provide orientation, guidance and training to Directors regarding their duties covering compliance and governance aspects;
•Prepare and facilitate annual Board Evaluations;
•Ensure compliance with relevant legislation like the Companies Act, King IV, JSE etc.;
•Attendance at Board and Sub-Committee meetings;
•Actively monitor and report on corporate governance trends and laws allowing for timely anticipation of new requirements;
Taking Minutes and Matters Arising schedule of meetings to be delivered within 10 (ten) working days of the meeting for clients within our client base.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties of the Minute Taker are as follows:
1. Attend, record and transcribe minutes of Board, committees, working groups, Forum and other meetings as required.
2. Format, edit and grammar with specific attention to detail and consistency.
3. Maintain meeting schedules and corporate minute taking calendars.
4. Schedule meetings of Board, committees, working groups, Forum and other meetings as directed ensuring that the appropriate facilities, rooms and equipment are booked as required.
5. Track and compile inputs, comments and decisions received after clients reviewed.
6. Assist and report to the Consultants administrative tasks assigned.
7. Ensure adequate filing and signing off of final minutes.
•Filling of various documents/returns as required under the provisions of the Companies Law.
•Facilitate accurate and timeous administration of company records and registers including the lodgment of all documents with the CIPC and the maintenance and updating of the company’s registers;
•Proper maintenance of books and registers of the company as required under the provisions of the Companies Law.
•To ensure that legal requirements of the allotment, issuance and transfer of share certificates have been complied with;
•To deal with all correspondence between the company and the shareholders;
•To maintain the following statutory books:
•The register of transfer of shares;
•The register of directors and other officers;
•Any other applicable registers;
•Monitoring changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and taking appropriate action;
•Liaising with external regulators and advisers, such as CIPC, Auditors and the Master of the High Court;
Required Skills and Experience:
1. Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
2. Excellent transcription, writing and word processing skills.
3. Ability to take detailed minutes.
4. Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
5. Ability to work in a self-supervisory, multi-task environment, within clear timelines.
6. Experience taking and producing minutes in a timely fashion.
7. Typing speed of approximately 65 words per minute.
8. Administrative ability and experience.
9. Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
•3 – 5 years’ experience as minute taker.
•Good understanding of the Companies Act 71 of 2008;
•Excellent communication and writing skills;
•Attention to detail;
•Persistence and ability to take own initiative;
•Ability to work independently and under pressure;
•Strong interpersonal skills;
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
•BCOM or LLB or CIS or equivalent or studying towards
•2 - 5 years’ experience within the consulting environment.
•Strong minute taking skills
The appointment will be made in terms of the firm’s Employment Equity Policy.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
|Job Closing Date||17/07/2020|