|Company||Damelin Pretoria City|
|Location||Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa|
Educor is the largest private education supplier in Southern Africa., managing 10 educational brands across its more than 60 campuses and sites in South Africa and internationally. As a Group we possess a rich heritage with brands that have been in existence for many years. Since our inception in 2008, Educor has evolved into an education giant offering face-to-face, distance and online learning. Our face to face brands include Damelin, CityVarsity, ICESA and Central Technical College. Distance brands include INTEC College, Damelin Correspondence College (DCC) and our higher-education distance brand, Lyceum.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Responsible for the academic leadership and management of their department.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:
1. Academic Development
• Design of relevant academic programmes;
• Development of curriculum for programmes;
• Aligning specifications of programmes;
• Development of programme’s associated policies;
• Submissions for regulatory approval of relevant programmes (including HEQC and DOE).
• Chair relevant quality committees including the specific Programme committee;
• Management of relevant programme budgets to ensure cost effectiveness and profitability.
2. Academic Leadership
• Participation in the monitoring, evaluation and development of academic programmes
• Promotion of research activities
• Liaison with academic colleagues and relevant people in commerce and industry to ensure ongoing development and relevant academic programmes
• Direct participation in teaching, learning and research activities.
• Ensuring that appropriate staff are appointed for all courses taught within the department
• Participation in the selection of all staff within the department and ensuring that employment contracts are prepared
• Implementation of an appropriate orientation procedure for staff
• Assessment and motivation of staff
• Conflict Management
4. Student Records and Academic Monitoring
• Participation in student registration process
• Approval of credits and exemptions
• Academic monitoring (including attendance) and maintenance of student records in consultation with the faculty administrative staff
• Control of tests and examinations
• Marking / moderation of tests and examination papers as requested by the Faculty Head
• Participation in Examination Certification and Promotion of learners.
5. General Department Management
• Chairperson of regular department staff meetings
• Liaison between department and management
• Participation in updating of departmental policies and procedures
• Maintenance of a schedule of equipment within the department
• Hard and electronic filing of all documentation for audits;
• Monitoring cancellation of lectures
• Monitoring and authorisation of printing requests
• Staff and student communication
• Staff and student grievance and discipline
• Participation in department and administrative meetings
• Participation in management events, including representing the programmes when appropriate
Should you not receive any feedback in 6 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
NB: Educor will give preference to South African citizens and those that advance its employment equity goals, suitably qualified in line with the inherent requirements of the job advertised.
• Min: Bachelors Degree
• Ideal: Honours Degree and experience in the field
• Management and Teaching in a tertiary environment;
• Strategic ability appropriate to private higher education in South Africa;
• In-depth knowledge of and / or commitment to Quality Assurance
• The ability to manage staff in a tertiary environment.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Highly computer literate with specific reference to MS Excel and PowerPoint computer skills
• Highly self-motivated
• Excellent people’s skills
• An active understanding and interest in the Educational environment
• Solid knowledge and understanding of Skills Development strategy.
|Job Closing Date||30/11/2020|