|Location||Fourways, Gauteng, South Africa|
To design and maintain optimal data models/structures at both an enterprise and system / application level that meet the business and architectural objectives of the organisation. To create structures that enable data to be persisted in a structured way to enable the value of the data to be unlocked. To create appropriate data and class structures that enable the flow of data between providers and consumers. Where required, lead a team of modellers performing this work.
|Job Functions||Information Technology|
|Industries||ICT - Information & Communications Technology|
• Design data models that meet the business requirements and align to the agreed architecture framework.
• Ensure data modelling deliverables are delivered according to project plan and budget to meet commitment to stakeholders.
• Ensure all data modelling activities and deliverables are aligned to the development methodology and to the data modelling principles and standards.
• Apply the client's approved tooling to create the data modelling deliverables.
• Adopt the Enterprise Data Model (which is based on the IFW) as a standard for data model designs to leverage best practice and fast track data modelling efforts.
• Translate business requirements into data requirements.
• Analyse and profile the source data to understand data quality issues , relationships, patterns and rules in the data.
• Structure data requirements into logical data constructs based on the Enterprise Data Model, including ERD models, dimensional models to ensure optimal implementation.
• Compile Source to Target Mapping Specifications including the appropriate Transformation Rules.
• Identifying definitive or authoritative source of data, analysing source data, and identifying gaps to target structures.
• Enable physical implementation of the data structure by generating the first cut physical data model from the logical data model.
• Facilitate dataflow understanding by collating dataflow diagrams outlining the flow of data across systems and interfaces.
• Reduce non value adding work by identifying opportunity for re-use of the Enterprise Data Model.
• Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees/equivalent NQF level 6 qualification.
• Bachelor of Commerce , Bachelor of Science: Information Systems / Computer Science Honours level.
• TOGAF, DAMA.
• 5-8yrs IT related experience with 5yrs+ in a Data Modelling role.
• Able to demonstrate practical experience in relational and dimensional modelling techniques as well as leading teams of data modellers.
• Has demonstrable experience in developing custom data models as well as data modelling utilising Industry data models such as IFW BFMDW.
• Experience in model management.
• Experience in compiling and monitoring standards and developing/maturing a data modelling practice.
• OO modelling experience also an advantage.
• Exprience using Infosphere Data Architect or any other Data Modelling Tool.
• Firm understanding of Data Management (DMBOK), systems development lifecycle methodologies and IT Architecture.
• Relevant regulatory knowledge, and understanding of banking and financial services.
• Experience in NOSql and other forms of database modelling advantageous.
|Job Closing Date||04/12/2020|