|Company||THE BEVERAGE COMPANY|
|Location||Isando, Gauteng, South Africa|
This role is accountable for executing on key primary and secondary distribution tasks within the warehouse environment. This role also ensures compliance with all standard operational policies and procedures and ensures product fulfilment though an improved stock control environment. The Warehouse Controller is ultimately accountable for ensuring that the balance between great Customer Service and Cost Compression is struck by satisfying Customer Demand in a Safe, efficient and effective manner with continuous improvement being top of mind.
|Job Functions||Supply Chain|
|Industries||Food & Beverages|
Key Accountabilities and Outputs
Warehouse and Inventory Control
• Oversee Primary Distribution (Inbound and Outbound) by maintaining, monitoring and executing on the primary distribution plan
• Service Secondary Distribution processes
• Conduct Inventory Control (Raw and Finished Materials)
• Conduct Stock Cycle Counts, Shrinkage and Stock Loss analysis to improve the stock control environment
• Engage with Manufacturing to limit the number of Out of Stock lines
• Undertake Route cause analysis of queries, complaints, incorrect loading and picking conducted to prevent recurrence
• Ensure Turn around Times in the Warehouse are managed for efficiency
• Ensure Resourcing plans are developed in line with volume forecast
Manage General Supply Chain and Logistics Operations
• Ensure compliance with standard operational policies and procedures
• Ensure Maximum Safe Pallet stacking heights comply with Site housekeeping standards maintained using the 5S philosophy
Updated June 2020
Page 2 of 3
General Operational, Financial and People Management
• Drive continuous improvement through streamlining and optimising relevant operational practices,
processes and systems
• Manage cost drivers and take the necessary action to mitigate financial risk and address variances
• Ensure adherence to operational and financial frameworks of practices, processes, standards and
• Ensure that the right people capacity is in place and manage employee performance through effective
and goal directed people leadership
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelors Degree (3 years) / NQF level 7 (Essential)
• Up to 8 years experience (Supervisory)
• Excel Intermediate
• Routine communication in connection with instructions, requests or normal work tasks
• Proactive identification of functional problems that do not have predetermined guidelines, routines
or procedures for solution, determine cause and impact, and choose the best alternative to solve the
problem based on previous experience and an understanding of the theory or practices underpinning
• Others in own work area
• Accomplishes assigned tasks and goals: takes necessary actions to keep progress against objectives
• Prepares a roadmap for success.
• Ensures that all who need to know, are clear about the plan.
• Takes full responsibility for own actions and outcomes, including mistakes.
• Always acts in the company’s best interest, regardless of whether it is difficult or unpopular.
• Ensures others are on track for achieving their goals.
Planning and Organising
• Manages time effectively, ensuring effective completion of tasks under stressful deadlines.
• Able to prioritise activities and resources, ensuring that results are achieved effectively.
• Able to evaluate progress and make appropriate adjustments to initial plans, ensuring a successful
• Increases performance expectations when success has been achieved
• Seeks out sources of information, including trade associations, “best practice” companies, customers,
peers, subordinates, etc.
• Finds ways to fast-adapt improvement ideas to work processes
• Proactively seeks out resources, alliances, etc., needed to quickly introduce improvements
• Asks questions to identify customer needs or expectations
• Follows through and meets personal commitments to others on time
• Takes responsibilities seriously and consistently meets the clients’ expectations for quality, service,
• Continuously monitors delivery to make sure the customer is receiving good service
• Shows a strong commitment to exceeding customer expectations
• Able to own responsibility for mistakes, apologise and make suitable changes to services
Legal and Ethical Conduct
• Keeps current with all the laws and company policies that govern one’s work activities, or seeks
counsel before acting
• Conforms with all laws and company policies that govern one’s work activities
• Keeps abreast of changes in standards applicable to one’s profession
• Acts in accordance with conventional ethical and professional standards
• Takes action to enforce legal, policy, ethical and professional requirements; exposes violations
|Job Closing Date||26/11/2020|