|Location||Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa|
Applications are invited for the above-mentioned position. The individuals will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE: The role of the Network Manager is focused on ensuring that all our networks are of high quality and meets the two anchors of Availability and Low Cost.
This role is crucial in ensuring the quality operation of the network as our primary product. We consider the four main activities of network production to be (i) plan and operate (NOC), (ii) build and maintain, (iii) install and field support, and (iv) technical support.
The role starts with the hub leadership team partnering to identify opportunities to expand wireless networks in either density or geography.
The Network Manager then ensure identified opportunities are turned into networks by planning and building these networks to Herotel national standards.
After construction, the operation and maintenance of the networks to a high quality and effective operating margin is essential to our strategy.
Lastly, the responsibilities include installing customers effectively by balancing cost and turnaround times (from an accepted quote to ensuring an active customer) and providing high-quality technical support to actives customers.
Fibre networks built by the growth manager’s team is handed over to the network team for maintenance, installation, and support.
|Job Functions||Information Technology,Operations|
|Industries||ICT - Information & Communications Technology,IT - Information Technology,Telecommunications|
Key Performance Areas would include, but are not limited to:
• Business planning - Together with the Regional Growth and Commercial Managers, produce and maintain a 12- month rolling business plan against which commercial and operational activities are planned and executed.
• Scoping of new opportunities - Ensuring that viable RF expansion opportunities are detailed, planned, and pursued as per the
hub business plan; Scoping involves the NOC team producing feasibility planning for network deployments;
• Building and maintaining RF networks - Obtain site lease agreement for new build projects; Ensure network planning (infrastructure & power, IP networking, RF access points and backhaul) to national standards; Network / HS builds within standards and CAPEX budgets; Keeping accurate records of the network in the NMS (Network Management System) and ensure that all monitoring protocols are deployed; Achieve the quality metrics provided.
• Installations & field support - Effective installations & field support scheduling; o Adherence to national installations standards;
• Technical support - Ensure the effective support of customers in a customer-friendly manager; Ensure the alignment between the technical support and NOC teams.
• District network office management - Oversee through the district network managers, the management of the district offices
• Stock - Ensuring adequate stock level management in the hub
• Training of personnel - Direct responsibility to train his / her own HOD team to enable them to better discharge their
responsibilities; Ensure all staff in the team is training on all SOP and other relevant topics.
• HSE - Direct responsibility for adherence to, and reporting on all HSE activities for the teams under
• Alignment and Standards - Within the scope of network management, ensure all staff members are aligned with the strategy,
management systems and culture which includes all standards, policies, and procedures.
The successful candidate must have the following experience/skills: -
• Design and operation of ISM-band fixed wireless networks
• Managing fixed wireless networks
• Expertise in network monitoring systems
• Creating and managing CAPEX and OPEX budgets
• Managing large teams in network-related functions
• Strong communication skills
• Matric with relevant industry experience.
|Job Closing Date||22/01/2021|