|Location||Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa|
YFM is a "Youth" radio station in Johannesburg, South Africa. Established in 1997, the station is formatted to mostly play urban music genres such as Kwaito, Hip Hop, and R&B along with a minority of its airtime being dedicated to talk shows.
|Industries||Advertising,Broadcasting / Transmitting,Sales|
Achievement of Targets
- Meeting targets as set by Management.
- Realizing maximum income from portfolios.
- Developing and growing existing businesses.
- Consistently seeking to expand opportunities on offer within the portfolio.
- Identifying and developing new business.
- Performing any other tasks as instructed by manager/s and or Managing Directors.
Excellent Client Service
- Presenting a professional and positive image as a representative of the company.-
- Promoting your medium as a media category.
- Ensuring clients receives feedback timeously and accurately.
- Flexibility in meeting clients needs ability to negotiate a win/win businesssolution.
- Developing knowledge of your own and competitor products.
- Being innovative and pro-active, expending time and energy on creative solutions to meet client’s needs.
- Competitive and enthusiastic ,going the extra mile to win business from competitors.
- Preparing and presenting presentations, whether verbal or audio visual.
- Ensuring knowledge and understanding of client’s business fully comprehending the sales process.
- Negotiating skills are required.
- Prospecting and closing skills are required
- Working with other departments and suppliers wherever relevant to ensure a win/win solution and identify ongoing opportunities for clients.
- Showing respect and work with Team to ensure achievement of overall sales goal.
- Liaising with the sales team to conceptualize and creative opportunities for clients
- Building good relationships with clients and staff both externally and internally.
- Attending client and industry functions on a regular basis.
- Maintaining and develop direct Relationships.
- Working together with Trade Marketing Manager to implement appropriate entertainment/relationship building schedule/plan for clients.
- Maintaining self-confidence.
- Effective and timeous communication with Sales Management – keeping them updated and informed at all times.
- Ability to resolve complaints and queries effectively and to do so as far as possible without referral to management and with minimum conflict.
- Promoting inter-dependence across all internal departments at YFM.
Call Rates / Client Visits
- Ensuring the minimum call rates set weekly are achieved.
- Ensuring the smooth running of all administrative procedures pertaining to scheduling, production, traffic and finance.
- Timeous and accurate Weekly Forecasts.
- Preparing Weekly Status Reports on all activities every Friday.
- Developing well thought out Business Plans.
- Monitoring sales performance on an ongoing basis, initiate corrective action and preparing reports, summaries, analysis and documentation and all aspects of the account management.
- Maintaining correct information about clients, budget, and planning periods and media activity e.g. call rates, diagnosis letters, weekly reports, sales tracking, business plans and forecasting.
- Ensuring quality proposals and presentations that comply to corporate templates.
- Preparing, following up and continuously updating sales action plans.
- Working four(4) months in advance.
- Ensuring consistent development of new business opportunities within the portfolio.
- Ensuring “yield” on revenue , sold at profitable levels at all times.
A relevant diploma in Sales / Advertising
A Degree in Sales / Advertising would be advantageous
A minimum of 3-4 years experience in Radio Broadcasting / Sales / Advertising
|Job Closing Date||13/01/2021|