|Company||Letshego Holding Limited|
|Location||Gaborone, South East, Botswana|
The purpose of the role is to oversee, develop and implement the Group’s governance framework, coordinate the Board of Directors meetings, oversee and support the subsidiary Company Secretaries and provide legal advisory to facilitate the achievement of the Group’s business objectives.
1. Provides legal advice to the Board and Management on legal matters, and corporate governance issues
2. Identifies and analyses legal and governance risks within the Group through reports and reporting mechanisms and ensure that threats to business earnings and sustainability are mitigated whilst opportunities are identified and exploited.
3. Develops and reviews the Group’s Memorandum of Understanding, Service Level Agreements and Contracts
4. Institutes and defends litigation on behalf of the organisation and effectively manage litigation costs
5. Identifies and manages external counsel in cases involving the Company
6. Provides corporate governance best practice advice in line with relevant legislation
7. Monitors and implements appropriate Corporate Governance regulatory and statutory developments and ensures compliance.
8. Acts as the key liaison between the Board and Management
9. Organises and coordinates Board & Board Committee meetings including preparation of Board packs
10. Prepares Board Minutes, Resolutions, Powers of Attorney
11. Collates Statutory Information for Shareholders
12. Advises on issues arising out of board meetings including reviewing and amendment of articles/company constitution, restructure of subsidiary companies
1. Must be an admitted Attorney
2. At least an LLB. An LLM would be an added advantage
3. At least 15 years’ experience in Legal Advisory within Financial Services with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Company Secretarial Function.
|Job Closing Date||20/01/2021|