|Location||East London, Eastern Cape, South Africa|
Applications are invited for the above-mentioned position to be based in either East London, Cradock, or Queenstown. This person will report to the Site Manager.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The Site Supervisor is responsible for the management of the civil teams in the installation of fibre infrastructure projects within South Africa.
|Job Functions||Civil Engineering,Construction,Supervisor,Technical|
|Industries||ICT - Information & Communications Technology,Telecommunications|
Key Performance Areas would include, but are not limited to:
• The Site Supervisor is a first-line supervisory position with the responsibility to manage the civil workforce
used on-site and working on all fibre implementation projects in accordance with the approved HeroTel
standards and specifications.
• The Site Supervisor supervises (plan, organize, direct, control, monitor, install) the civil aspects including opening of the trenches, bedding, padding, duct installation, and road surface reinstatements on all in-road and
conventional trenching projects as well as the installation of poles and;
• The Site Supervisor also ensures that the road or the conventional building lines are correctly built according
to specifications as well as that the installation of the poles and the fibre stringing are done to plan;
• The Site Supervisor must have a full understanding of the plans, drawings, and specifications to plan the
construction routes and layout accordingly.
• The Site Supervisor must plan the trench lines, pole positions, correct positioning of man-holes, etc before
the construction team can commence with the work.
• Communicate the planned works to the civil teams under his control.
• Record proof of correct installation by taking regular photos and continuous checks to see that work done
• Pro-actively identify and solve problems.
• Ensure that in the execution of works due consideration is given to safety, Health, Environmental and
quality (SHEQ) best practices and regulations by regularly conducting inspections and ensure that the H&S file is up to date.
• To enhance long term client relationships via effective image building and client communication.
• Obtain written briefs and confirmation of works from the Project Manager and Site Manager.
• Communicate snags on poles planted to the Project Manager before installation of fibre commences.
• Perform project quality checks walkthrough with the Project Manager. Correct identified deficiencies(snags) as required or directed.
• Managing the daily activities of all resources making sure that agreed daily targets, deliverables, milestones, and deadlines are met by each person working on site.
• Understand the implications of changes to the scope in terms of costs, resourcing, and deadlines and manage accordingly • Ensure that the right amount of time is allocated to each job and ensure work is produced on time, to brief, and on budget.
• Responsible for the scheduling of work and is accountable for following site and project plans and schedules and ensuring the construction team’s daily and weekly activities meet production goals related to civil construction.
• Co-ordination of resources – plant, people, materials, equipment.
• Facilitate a safe work culture and is accountable for the safety of the construction team and must understand the legal liability of the role; ensuring the construction team applies the standards for safe working conditions and are fit for work each day.
• Also accountable for ensuring that the completed work meets standards and for recommending work processes that will improve productivity and product quality.
• Administration and preparation of reports as required by the employer.
• Provide quality service to clients.
• Ensure that all project assets – including Trenching Machinery, Motor Vehicles, Trailers, and Tools are clean and used correctly.
The successful candidate must have the following experience/skills: -
• At least 3 years technical civil fibre installation experience;
• This can be supported by technical qualifications and relevant courses;
• Able to travel – must have a Code EB or higher driver’s license;
• Knowledge of Civil construction processes, plant and equipment, production control, safety, material control, sub-contractors, and read & interpret drawings & fibre plans;
• Working knowledge of Microsoft office products;
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as negotiating skills;
• Must have problem-solving aptitude;
• Possess a keen desire to be a team player and have the ability to motivate and guide small to medium-sized
• Must have a working knowledge of aerial fibre optic cable installation systems.
• Matriculation with recognized experience in Civil Projects using in-road trenching tools and machinery or fibre blowing and aerial deployment tools and machinery.
• Relevant technical qualifications and industry-specific training short courses.
• Understanding municipal infrastructure and road construction as well as service distribution on municipal infrastructure.
• SHEQ training with applicable qualification.
|Job Closing Date||29/01/2021|