|Company||Africa Health Research Institute|
|Location||Mtubatuba, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa|
Africa Health Research Institute (AHRI) is a 540-member independent academic institute with an annual budget of ~R350-million. AHRI conducts world-class research in HIV, TB and non-communicable diseases, spanning basic, clinical, social and population sciences. AHRI is looking for a self-directed, highly motivated and reliable Senior Social Scientist to join senior social science team in the Social Science Research and Ethics department.
|Job Functions||Management,Other Research Development, Science and Scientific Research,Project Management,Research and Development,Science|
|Industries||Ngo / Non-Profit,Research|
The purpose of this position is to work with the PI on the Hypertension study and managing all aspects of the social science programmes in the study. The incumbent will also be involved in new studies working with collaborators and PIs as required. Successful candidate will be required to contribute to the strategic progress of the department and the development of junior staff members This position is primarily based in Somkhele campus
1. PhD in a relevant social science or health science topic e.g. sociology, social or public policy, public health, psychology), or equivalent research experience.
1. 5 years’ postdoctoral research experience gained in a relevant work setting or research training environment.
2. Experience in qualitative data collection and analysis.
3. Experience in writing progress reports for supervisors/project team. Self-directed independent research experience.
4. Experience in implementation science theory and application.
5. Good verbal and written communication skills in English and IsiZulu
6. A good understanding of formative research and process evaluation
7. Demonstrable ability to deliver research outcomes on time will be an added advantage.
8. Demonstrable ability to communicate complex material clearly will be an added advantage.
AHRI is fully compliant with South African labour law and is committed to employment equity. This position is open to South African applicants and valid work permit holders. AHRI reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, AHRI reserves the right not to make an appointment.
People living with disability are encouraged to apply.
|Job Closing Date||11/03/2021|