|Location||Mtubatuba, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa|
The Clinical Trial Laboratory Supervisor will work as part of a dynamic multidisciplinary team at the Africa Health Research Institute (AHRI). The position will be primarily based at the Somkhele Campus, but the incumbent may be required to work from the Durban Campus from time to time. From time to time the incumbent may be required to work extended hours, over weekends or shifts, as well as respond to emergencies within the laboratory.
|Job Functions||Chemicals,Chemistry, Physics and Biology,Clinical,Laboratory Work,Other Research Development, Science and Scientific Research,Research,Science|
|Industries||Ngo / Non-Profit,Research,Science & Technology|
The incumbent will report to the Head: Diagnostic Research Division and provide oversight of all laboratory related activities for the AHRI Clinical Trail Unit. The incumbent will work in close conjunction with the Somkhele Laboratory Supervisor and laboratory team (which also provides support and services for AHRI research studies).
The incumbent will be required to perform various duties and functions, such as the coordination of all laboratory activities for clinical trials (study set up and planning, study activity monitoring and reporting, training delivery of outputs and closeout), repository management, laboratory safety and GCLP compliance, oversight of laboratory facilities and equipment, oversight of laboratory supplies/inventory quality assurance, laboratory operations and laboratory work.
The incumbent will be required to work in accordance with GCLP and current ISO15189 requirements, health and safety and other company policies.
1. A BTech or BSc in laboratory sciences or related qualification
2. Registered with HPCSA (preferably in Clinical Pathology)
3. Valid GCLP and /or ISO certificate
4. A post graduate qualification (MTech or MSc) in laboratory science will be an added advantage
1. Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a clinical laboratory setting with 2 years’ experience as coordinator or supervisor of Clinical Trial laboratory
2. Experience working in a high throughput laboratory will be highly advantageous
3. Experience working with a Laboratory Information Management System will be advantageous
4. Experience in processing and storage of various biological samples and performing various diagnostic tests
5. Knowledge of operating in a SANAS accredited laboratory (ISO 15189 or similar) and or Good Clinical Laboratory Practice (GCLP) compliant
1. SA Citizen or SA Resident with current work visa is an essential requirement
2. Ability to work with minimum supervision
3. Project management skills and knowledge
4. Prior vaccination for Hepatitis B
AHRI is fully compliant with South African labour law and is committed to employment equity. This position is open to South African applicants and valid work permit holders. AHRI reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, AHRI reserves the right not to make an appointment.
People living with disability are encouraged to apply.
|Job Closing Date||04/03/2021|