|Company||Letshego Holdings Limited|
|Location||Khomas Region, Khomas Region, Namibia|
To protect LGN (Letshego Group Namibia) against any, material litigation matters, contractual limitations which may expose the business, statutory and regulatory non-compliance by facilitating and implementing the Legal Framework, administration of applicable legislation and policies and training personnel in the Letshego Namibia group to comply with all internal and external requirements.
|Industries||Banking / Finance & Investment|
1. Drafting and/or review contracts (external and internal), and sign off on new products and distributions streams/access channels;
2. Provide advice and training in terms of relevant legislation and industry changes or amendments thereto;
3. Manage and monitor all Legal related expenditure.
4. Providing advice on and coordinating, various litigation matters (including general litigation and debt collection);
5. Crafting the Regulatory Universe applicable to Letshego and Compliance Risk Management Plans for new and existing legislation to ensure the business is adequately prepared and controls are in place; and
6. Providing legal support to various functions within the business
7. Build and maintain healthy relationships with all stakeholders I.e. BoN, Namfisa, NSX, Ministry of Finance and other Banks.
8. Assist in the customizing, implementation and maintenance of the Enterprise Risk Management Framework and Legal Framework across LHN, LBN and LMFSN.
9. Ensure management take prompt action to rectify or to ensure rectification of legal risk incidents/losses across LHN, LBN and LMFSN.
10. Continuous research and self-development to support common goal plus knowledge sharing at Cluster level
11. Obtain commitment from management to resolve issues of non-compliance across LHN, LBN and LMFSN.
12. Set standard for policies and procedures, review and implementation and adherence across LHN, LBN and LMFSN.
13. Obtain relevant feedback via relevant reports I.e. Monthly reports/senior management reports, risk event reports; and Ad hoc reports
14. Provide independent Legal reports.
15. Develop networks and relationships with all key stakeholders i.e. Senior and Regional managers; Group Risk, Compliance and Internal Audit.
16. Manage junior legal staff if any and attend to all employee wellness and HR related matters of employees.
17. Assist with other business unit functions upon request
Knowledge and Experience Required of Job Holder:
1. Grade 12, (25 points).
2. LLB or higher are mandatory minimum requirements
3. Job related experience of at least 3-4 years in the financial services industry is essential;
4. Excellent command of English language
5. Self-starter with excellent communication, organisation and presentation skills
6. Conflict handling skills
7. Ability to work under pressure while maintaining high service levels
8. Must be a team player
|Job Closing Date||05/03/2021|