|Location||Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa|
The Africa Health Research Institute is looking for a self motivated, intellectual Research Grants Officer who will provide support to the Research Grants Manager in the administration of national and international research grant awards. She/he will be responsible for the smooth handling of the research and financial administration portfolio within the Grants & Contacts Office. The portfolio revolves around both the pre-award and post-award phases.
|Job Functions||Administration,Analysis,Compliance & Regulatory Affairs,Coordinator,Data Analysis,Data Management,Finance,Financial Planning,Research|
|Industries||Ngo / Non-Profit,Research|
This position includes the administration of a number of research grants; participate in multi-disciplinary teams preparing and compiling research grant proposals; preparing financial and progress reports for research investigators, collaborators and external funders; reviewing cooperative agreements and policies, compliance and institutional reporting obligations. In addition, the Research Grants Officer will be responsible for maintaining grants databases, financial reconciliations, agreements database, creating boiler templates and general support duties. The position requires high level analytical skills, be deadline driven, attention to detailed orientated and multi-tasking skills. AHRI’s operates at two sites i.e. Research Campus (Somkhele) and Laboratory & Administrative Campus (Durban).
The person will be based at Durban however is required to make frequent trips to Somkhele.
1. BSc in any science discipline or related qualification
2. Previous experience working in the field of TB, HIV or NCDs
1. 5 years’ work experience with at least 2 years’ experience in administration;
2. Experience in national and international research grant administration would be an asset
Knowledge and Abilities Required
1. ‘Hands on’ approach
2. Understanding of project operations including project planning, coordination and management
3. Ability to do proper planning and perform accurate work under pressure
4. Willingness to learn and continuously improve oneself
5. Taking initiative, being proactive and deadline orientated
6. Highly motivated and independent
7. High level analytical skills
8. Update line manager in an effective way
1. Finance qualification/experience
2. Worked in a research environment
|Job Closing Date||21/04/2021|