|Reference #||RF Team Leader _ Central Hub|
|Location||Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa|
Supervise a team of Engineers in design and development of RF circuit systems.
Understand customer specifications and accordingly design most effective RF circuits. Optimize existing systems
to improve performance and capacity. Assist in budget preparation and expense control activities
Manage a team of RF engineers, gives support technically and operationally to his/her team.
• Monitor the state of the RF network PTP and PtMP.
• Identify any problems on existing RF deployments and create a systematic plan of action to solve all
problems/short comings on the RF network.
• Assist Network manager with planning Capex spending on wireless infrastructure.
• Plan and execute remedial actions on existing deployments.
• Plan and execute routine maintenance on the network.
• Plan and execute emergency maintenance on the network.
• Work closely with NOC and helpdesk to identify problem areas on the network.
• Assist high-site technicians with technical support on new deployments, remedial actions and emergency
• Assist RF engineers with the daily maintenance work eg, frequency planning and interference mitigation.
• Produce monthly reports of the network.
• Produce monthly KPIs of the RF team.
The successful candidate must have the following experience/skills: -
• 5 years of RF experience
• Proven experience on: Mikrotik, UBNT & Cambium and licensed spectrum radios
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to work quickly and under pressure
• Self-disciplined, self-motivated and the ability to organize and prioritize time effectively.
• Ability to coach, manage and lead a team
• Underlying awareness of the bigger picture
• Ability to communicate complex tasks and ideas using both written and visual mediums
• Proven track record in managing a team of technical individuals
• Supervising and coordinating activities of the RF Team
• Ability to allocate workload to team members and provide assistance to them when needed
• Bachelor’s degree or Degree in Computer Science / Technology or Electronics & Communication
• RF Certification
• MTCNA Certification
|Job Closing Date||13/06/2021|