|Location||Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa|
The Africa Health Research Institute (AHRI) is a multidisciplinary, independent research institute based across two sites in the province of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa and we are currently looking for a self-directed, highly motivated and reliable Head of Human Capital to join our fast pace Human Capital department.
|Job Functions||Administration,Advisory,Business Analyst,Executive Management,HR Manager,Human Resources,Management,Operations,Other Research Development, Science and Scientific Research,Senior Management|
|Industries||Medical,Ngo / Non-Profit,Research,Science & Technology|
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Head: Human Capital is responsible for developing and implementing AHRI’s human capital strategy and providing operational direction on talent management, learning and development, performance management, recognition and rewards, employee relations, employee safety and wellbeing, and change management through strong and professional thought leadership across AHRI in line with AHRI vision, mission, and values.
The Head of Human Capital is an invited member of AHRI executive committee and participate in overall management of the institute in accordance with Executive Charter. He/She serves as a champion regarding human capital policies that impacts positively on employment experiences of AHRI employees and provides strategic advice to AHRI leadership on human capital related matters.
The Head of Human Capital provides supportive leadership, direction and guidance for the strategic human capital initiatives and day-to-day operations of the Human Capital Department. The Head of Human Capital ensures that all human capital operations are carried out in an efficient and effective manner, taking into account the needs of AHRI personnel and other institutional requirements.
He/She provides support in the development and implementation of strategic goals with regards to values and culture, diversity & inclusion, and broader transformation in the entire organisation.
The Head of Human Capital is expected to operate from all AHRI campuses and the position therefore requires frequent travel between our Durban and Somkhele Research Campus.
1. Postgraduate qualification in HR related field from a recognized institution.
2. Master’s degree in business management field would be preferred.
1. 5 years’ experience in a senior management position preferably in an academic or research organization like AHRI.
2. Experience in strategy development and implementation.
3. Experience of working in a Unionized environment
4. Experience in managing payroll
5. Knowledge of employment legislation and regulations
1. Excellence: A track record of high expectations personally and professionally
2. Good verbal and written communication skills in English;
3. Grit: Persistence through challenges
4. Accuracy and precision
5. Tech adopter who embraces new technology and change, ensuring innovative peoplepractices and techniques that will be effective and efficient at scale
6. Must be able to work under pressure;
AHRI is fully compliant with South African labour law and is committed to employment equity. This position is open to South African applicants and valid work permit holders. AHRI reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, AHRI reserves the right not to make an appointment.
People living with disability are encouraged to apply.
|Job Closing Date||07/07/2021|