|Location||Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape, South Africa|
Here at BKB, we want to do things differently. We have to, because the world is changing, and we want to keep up. Our people, no matter their position, are the ones to do this. We are looking for forward thinkers who want to make a difference.
The successful incumbent will be stationed in Port Elizabeth and will report directly to the General Manager: Trade Division. The incumbent must be able to travel extensively.
|Job Functions||Administration,Client Services,Communications,Finance,Management|
We offer a competitive salary, medical aid, retirement benefits and above average leave.
•B. Com (Hons) degree with Accounting, however a CA will be preferential.
•At least 5 years’ experience in a Senior Financial position in a relevant industry.
Knowledge and Skills:
•Excellent administration skills
•Good communication skills
•Good problem-solving skills
•Good time-management skills
•Good conflict management skills
•Strong computer literacy
•Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
•Knowledge of relevant financial legislation (Companies Act, etc)
•Knowledge of financial modelling, business risk management and company business planning and business management principles
•Knowledge of Taxation (Company, Personal, VAT)
•Strategic and financial planning
•Basic understanding of organisational business processes and procedures
•Good knowledge of relevant organisational policies
•Knowledge of budgeting processes
•Independent and bold, yet a team-player who embraces the importance of culture-fit
•People and task orientated
•Drive and energy
• To compile annual financial statements and monthly management accounts for BKB Trade as well as all the various branches
• To prepare, monitor and analyses financials and budgets/projections; and provide appropriate comments
• Budget control (capital expenditure budget & income & expense budget)
• To assist branches on all financial matters
• To provide appropriate management information
• To make recommendations concerning management decisions, resource allocation and business operations to improve financial
performance, perform due diligences on business to be acquired
• To ensure that appropriate controls are in place for division’s major risks, especially in regard to inventory management
• Coordinate annual and interim weekly stocktakes of all branches
• To ensure that operations are run in accordance with legislation applicable to the division
• To provide financial and tax support to all branches
• To assist credit control & branches with debt collection and legal action
• To engage with external auditors, tax experts, etc
• Provide key financial inputs into project decisions
• To perform business analysis and valuations
• Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders
• Provide technical direction
• Ensure compliance with relevant legal and statutory requirements and internationally accepted environmental, health, safety and
Unless a Recruitment Agency has been requested to assist with a specific assignment and a written agreement is signed between BKB Ltd and the Agency i.r.o this assignment, all CV’s uploaded onto our SkillsMap portal by an Agency will be deemed the property of BKB Ltd (inclusive of all our subsidiaries) and no agency fees will be payable should the candidate be placed.
|Job Closing Date||17/06/2021|