|Reference #||Splicing Team Leader_Central Hub|
|Location||Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa|
This post is an integral part of the Herotel Growth Hub, Site Build, and deployment
Team to Manage all on-site Fibre Splicing activities of all Projects within Hub areas. The Team Leader - Splicing is
responsible for the overseeing and coordination of the Fibre Splicing Teams.
Key Responsibility Areas:
This post is a Fibre Co-ordinator whose purpose is: -
• The Coordination of all Fiber Requests functions pertaining to the planning, integration, designing and
Installation of Fibre Cabling Solutions and scheduled and unscheduled maintenance activities.
• Assign and manage splicing teams.
• Ensure that progress updates are given to management and clients
• Review test results for acceptable loss readings ensuring that all installations are withing the Herotel
Installations Standards and specifications.
• To execute all Fiber Optic Project Related duties in line with the splicing diagrams and Herotel SOP
This entails the following activities:
• Arranging and Scheduling of PON Splicing.
• Ensure that all Fibre Optic Cabling installations and maintenance activities are done in accordance with
Herotel SOP and industry standards.
• Splicing of fiber optic cables in line with the splicing diagrams, and reporting issues or errors on splicing
diagrams that must be corrected.
• Daily Progress and formal Reporting on installation and maintenance activities.
• On-site Client Liaison to do project installations, maintenance activities or new FTTx installations
• Report on project progress and completion dates – manage daily targets.
• Ensure that splicing diagrams are up to date by consciously reporting on changes and anomalies
• Tool Management –ensuring that all tools are serviced, calibrated and splice kits are complete.
• Assist in mentoring and training fiber technicians in the complexities of executing tasks and identifying
training requirements among staff for further development.
• Professional conduct always.
• Always maintain a professional appearance
• Consistently complying with all company policies and procedures.
• Measure project performance and submit daily reports
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation and ensure that all project documentation is
stored for future reference .
• processes have been followed for all splicing works.
• Act as custodian of project assets – including Trenching Machinery, Motor Vehicles and Tools
• Do daily L1 MOS meetings and ensure escalations to L2.
• Ensure that all internal procedures are adhered to which will include adhering to Procurement and
Purchase Order requirements, monthly claims and time sheets are submitted timeously.
The successful candidate must have the following experience/skills: -
• Fiber Optic Project Deployments experience within the Telecommunications Sector will be advantageous
• Able to travel to other provinces and towns if needed
• Minimum of 3-years' experience working as a fibre technician
• Experience with Multi-Dwelling Units (MDU) & Single Dwelling Units (SDU) builds – FTTH
• Ability to detect errors using OTDR, determine causes, and make corrections as required
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
• Need to be excellent with paperwork - filling in Job Cards and stock sheets
• A valid driver's license is required
• Must be in good physical condition and healthy
• Working knowledge of Microsoft office products
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must have problem solving aptitude
• Grade 12
• SHEQ training with applicable qualification will be advantageous
|Job Closing Date||25/06/2021|