|Company||Bayport Financial Consultant|
|Location||Sandton, Gauteng, South Africa|
The senior systems engineer role is responsible for providing high-level technical advice and supporting a
Microsoft environment including, but not limited to, Microsoft Azure & Microsoft 365 through design,
implementation, and support. The position will act as a specialist for Microsoft and all other Bayport related technologies.
The role is required to perform pro-active administration tasks over the Microsoft environment. This
individual also participates in the planning and implementation of projects, policies and procedures to
ensure infrastructure provisioning, efficiency, and maintenance that is consistent with company goals,
industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
|Job Functions||Administration,Design,Information Technology,Management|
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS (KPAS)/ KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. STRATEGIC INITIATIVES
• Development and implementation of an IT Infrastructure strategy within their area of
• Adherence to Industry best practice.
• Development and Compliance to Bayport SA Standards.
• Compliance with ITSM frameworks, specifically ITIL.
• Provide technical ownership, services, and support for the following areas:
o Internal systems and cloud infrastructure.
o Microsoft-related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, Active Directory & M365.
o Virtualization technologies: VMWare.
o Monitoring and management of system alerts and notifications.
o Backup Management: On-premise & Cloud.
• Ensure Migration and Adoption of Microsoft Cloud Services.
• Anticipate, mitigate, identify, respond to, and resolve issues within the Microsoft stack and related
• Perform tasks necessary to fulfill service level agreements.
o Adherence to SLA targets set by Business.
• Follow change control, incident response, and testing processes for modifications to systems
within the area of responsibility.
• Participate in and support capacity planning and development of long-term strategic goals for
enterprise storage in conjunction with data owners and department managers.
• Communicate and enforce system standards and policies.
• Research and make recommendations on products, services, and standards in support of
procurement and development efforts.
• Develop, document, and maintain operational processes and tasks.
• Any other duties as assigned by management.
3. STAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENT
• Develop and maintain key relationships within the IT management team and staff.
• Cultivating good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders engender trust and
• Assisting IT management in awareness activities in respect of compliance and compliance
• NQF level 6 - Diploma in Information Technology or NQF Level 6 relevant qualification.
• Microsoft M365 Certifications
• Azure Fundamental Certification
DESIRED/ PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Microsoft MCSE 2012 (Server Infrastructure)
• VCP 5 and preferably VCP 6
• Azure Architecture Certification
• ITIL V3 Foundation
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
• Minimum 6 years practical experience in an IT department, in the capacity of the same/similar
DESIRED/ PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Technologies
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Azure
• Working knowledge of 365
|Job Closing Date||18/06/2021|