|Company||The Beverage Company|
|Reference #||East London New|
|Location||East London, Eastern Cape, South Africa|
Accountable for quality, standards, service and desired outputs within inter-related functional areas of
responsibility. May be responsible for work of others. This role will work with various closely related concrete
variables, requiring an understanding of the theory or practices underpinning inter-related functional
|Job Functions||Health & Safety|
|Industries||Fmcg (Fast Moving Consumer Goods Sector)|
This role will undertake onsite SHER responsibility, ensuring that safety and health risks and hazards are
timeously identified and effectively mitigated. They will also ensure that appropriate preventative measures
are put in place to avoid future recurrences of safety incidents.
Key Accountabilities and Outputs
SHER framework, initiatives and communications
• Support with establishing and maintaining a SHER Framework of practices, processes, policies and
procedures, standards and controls for application across all geographie
• Implement SHER awareness initiatives and communications
• Assist with ensuring that all SHER practices, initiatives and communications are clearly defined and in
a language that everyone can understand
Ensure SHER Compliance
• Proactively identify on site activities that pose threats to workers' health and safety and order the
suspension of such activities
• Conduct regular inspections on site, identify non-compliance, near-misses, unsafe acts etc. and check
compliance of workplace environments, equipment
• Implement mitigations / corrective actions
• Compile detailed safety reports as required
SHER Mitigating Actions
• Recommend mitigating actions and if non-compliance is in direct violation of a specific policy,
procedure or standard, escalate issue immediately
• Assist with developing mitigating plans that are practical, focused and dedicated to rectify noncompliances, mitigate risks, and to prevent reoccurrences and future problems
• Collaborate with Managers and Supervisors to institute mitigating, control and remedial actions to
drive improvement in SHER compliance
• Assist with conducting risk assessments
General Business, Financial and People Management
• Actively participate in operational planning and budgeting processes
• Drive continuous improvement through streamlining and optimising relevant operational practices,
processes and systems
• Ensure adherence to operational and financial frameworks of practices, processes, standards and
• Control cost and take the necessary action to mitigate any financial risks or non-compliance
• Ensure that the right people capacity is in place and manage employee performance through effective
and goal directed people leadership
• Increases performance expectations when success has been achieved
• Seeks out sources of information, including trade associations, “best practice” companies, customers,
peers, subordinates, etc.
• Finds ways to fast-adapt improvement ideas to work processes
• Proactively seeks out resources, alliances, etc., needed to quickly introduce improvements
Legal and Ethical Conduct
• Keeps current with all the laws and company policies that govern one’s work activities, or seeks
counsel before acting
• Conforms with all laws and company policies that govern one’s work activities
• Keeps abreast of changes in standards applicable to one’s profession
• Acts in accordance with conventional ethical and professional standards
• Takes action to enforce legal, policy, ethical and professional requirements; exposes violations
• Ability to persevere until an effective outcome is reached.
• Takes into account another's viewpoint when stating a point.
• Looks at all available avenues of influencing another's decision.
• Looks for a win-win scenario when influencing another's decision.
Planning and Organising
• Manages time effectively, ensuring effective completion of tasks under stressful deadlines.
• Able to prioritise activities and resources, ensuring that results are achieved effectively.
• Able to evaluate progress and make appropriate adjustments to initial plans, ensuring a successful
• Helps others with their work.
• Meets commitments to team members or others in the organisation.
• Actively contributes to team discussions and the accomplishment of team work plans.
• Shares expertise and resources to help others address their needs.
• Seeks to include all those who can contribute to the most successful outcome and those who have a
stake in the results.
• Actively keeps all stakeholders informed.
• Attempts to reinvigorate team processes when progress is lagging: stays engaged even when not in
full agreement with the team’s direction.
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelors Degree (3 years) / NQF level 7 (Essential)
• Up to 6 years experience (Operational Execution) Health and Safety; Environmental; Risk
Assessments; FMCG; Legal Compliance
• MS Excel; MS Word; E Mail; MS PowerPoint
|Job Closing Date||23/07/2021|