|Company||The Beverage Company|
|Location||East London, Eastern Cape, South Africa|
Accountable for quality, standards, service and desired outputs within inter-related functional areas of
responsibility. May be responsible for work of others.
|Industries||Fmcg (Fast Moving Consumer Goods Sector)|
To ensure that the balance between great Customer Service and Cost Compression is struck by satisfying
Customer Demand in a Safe, efficient and effective manner with continuous improvement being top of mind.
Key Accountabilities and Outputs
Health, Safety and Environment
• Maximum Safe Pallet stacking heights complied with
• Site housekeeping standards maintained using the 5S philosophy
• Ensure adherence to site safety standards as head of Safety, Health and Environmental Committee
• Ensure compliance to all relevant legislation
• Conduct Planned Job Observations.
• Ensure adherence to site safety standards and critical member of Safety, Health and Environmental
Committee in line with the OSH Act.
• Ensure the safe operation of vehicles in accordance with the Road Traffic Act within and outside of
the Distribution Centre.
• Ensure compliance to all relevant legislation and support a safe environment for The Beverage
Company’s Employees, Contractors and Visitors.
Enhanced Customer Service
• Maintain good Customer relations by delivering on promise consistently.
• Feedback on all Customer comments, queries and suggestions within the service level agreement.
• Supervision of all Forklift Drivers and Pickers.
• Feedback on queries, complaints, incorrect loading and picking conducted to prevent recurrence.
• Turn around Times in Warehouse is met as per standard
Effective stock quality management
• Warehouse stock age standards maintained by ensuring stock rotation principles applied
• Ensures quality control through checking packaging on warehouse floor and prior to loading
Effective inventory management
• Participation in handover process before and after every shift
• Accurate stock counts performed when requested
• Maintain clear and effective communication with Stock Clerk, Warehouse Controller and Warehouse
Supervisor Management and Leadership
• Ensure that The Beverage Company’s Vision, Mission, Values and strategic goals are communicated
and understood by all Employees and Contractors.
• Employees are managed in accordance with The Beverage Company’s Performance Management
• Provide on the job coaching and mentoring to promote continuous improvement.
• Manage Employees in a manner that maintains a healthy Industrial Relations climate.
• Employee punctuality, Time and Attendance managed to meet operational requirements and within
• Ensure that all Employees are conversant/compliant with relevant business information, policies,
processes and procedures.
Accurate checking, loading and unloading of vehicles
• Ensure that all independent check conducted of all loads to ensure correct quantities of split and full
• Accurate recording of returns
• Facilitate efficient loading and unloading of vehicles
• Maintain clear and effective communication with Warehouse Controller / and other team members
• All documentation accurately and comprehensively completed
• Perform physical inventory counts and investigate variances.
• Physical activity to be recorded in the ERP system to promote visibility and good governance.
• Engage with the Distribution Controller to execute loading inline with the Load Plan.
• Resourcing plans to be developed in line with volume forecasts.
• Ensure efficient and accurate picking and loading of Distribution vehicles.
• Ensure that vehicles are loaded within the TAT standard.
• Equipment operated safely within Manufacturers specifications and compliant with the OHS Act.
• Validate Time and Attendance/Overtime for clocking Employees
• Continuously seeks financial optimisation opportunities and demonstrates an Entrepreneurial
• Monthly financial performance analysed, necessary plans put in place to correct if required with
detailed commentary supplied.
• Conversant with relevant business information, policies, processes and procedures
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelors Degree (3 years) / NQF level 7 (Essential)
• Up to 2 years experience (Supervisory) FMCG
• MS Excel; MS Word; SAP; E Mail; MS PowerPoint
|Job Closing Date||23/07/2021|