|Location||Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa|
Are you a skilled pattern maker looking to grow your knowledge and experience in one of South Africa’s much-loved retail brands? Are you keen to take on the world of 3D, work with avatars and create a professional legacy?
If you are ready to stretch the limits of your potential then this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity is what you have been searching for.
Purpose of the job
To achieve roadmap milestones by developing 2D blocks, Patterns and Smart Design templates according to customer briefs. Develops a standard Grade principal for all master blocks & patterns and ensures all patterns received from suppliers are transferred to the 3D CAD system.
● Create accurate 2D blocks and patterns from technical design briefs
● Create accurate graded patterns on Grafis.
● Make recommendations on new and existing patterns related to grading across all sizes ● Prepare and execute 3D virtual fit sessions
● Prepares for and contributes to the fit analysis of samples in Physical Fit meetings ● Customer interface for the approval of blocks, patterns and 3D images
● Technological development and research
● Knowledge sharing to develop optimal workstream alignment in the team ● Creation of Technically accurate patterns for manufacturing purposes
● Study and interpret drawings, written instructions or samples of clothing designs ● Specify sewing instructions for manufacturing purposes
JOB INCUMBENT REQUIREMENTS
● 3 Year diploma / degree in clothing production / clothing construction / garment technology / pattern-making and grading
● 3-5 years computerized Pattern Making experience.
● 3-5 years computerized grading experience
● Technical competency with regards to interpretation of size specs and fabric quality identification
● Computer skills:- Google Suite as well as ability to use computer-aided design (CAD) software to produce and grade blocks & patterns
● Excellent knowledge of pattern-making, and grading
Knowledge of sewing codes and symbols
● Knowledge of different sewing equipment and methods within manufacturing operations ● Knowledge of different fabrics and their applications
● Drawing skills and the ability to interpret drawings
● Knowledge of body measurements, garment measurements and specifications
● Knowledge of clothing production
● Knowledge of process improvement within the sewing operations to maximize cost and efficiency
● Knowledge of Marker Making
● Literacy skills:
● Numeric skills:
● CAD system (Vstitcher or Grafis)
● Competencies required: Accuracy, Performing under pressure, Results oriented, Planning, Drive, Service Orientated, Listening Skills and Providing Feedback
Closing date: Monday, 27 September 2021
If you are interested and meet the minimum requirements, please submit your CV and supporting documents.
Click here to complete the POPIA Job Applicant consent form which is required for Internal and
External applicants: https://forms.gle/tzEcTrtuKzE5dh9M8
If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks of the closing date of this position, please regard your application as being unsuccessful.
PEP strives for equal opportunity in terms of its employment equity guidelines.
|Job Closing Date||18/11/2021|